This article not only explains appropriate interview questions asked in TCS company but also offers a road map to solve all queries of how to get your dream job in TCS for experienced and fresher candidates. The interview questions furnished here for experience and freshers. And, are gathered from hundreds of candidates who appeared in real-time interviews with the TCS.
How to get a job in TCS?
Knowledge in basic things such as the TCS interview process, interview preparation tips, how to apply for TCS jobs as fresher or experienced, and about TCS company are essential to get hired at TCS. Before kick-start to see all the TCS interview questions, let’s begin to get equipped with each topic in detail to get a job in TCS.
What Information you should know ‘about TCS company’ for interview?
It is a most common question at any TCS interview. Your depth in answer, the interviewer understands your curiosity to join the company. Get every piece of information about the TCS as a business entity and its other dimensions. Here are some common insights about TCS company.
TCS is a fully equipped IT professional software and services industry. The company provide strategic, project, and staffing based solutions to its clients to meet business needs.
TCS Managed Services delivers software, expert data and hardware assist that conversions technology management requirement from the client to TCS.
TCS is a subsidiary of the Tata Group operates in 46 countries worldwide. The company’s headquarters is in Mumbai, India. A public listed company who established India’s first software research and development center in Pune, Maharashtra.
TCS is one of the top recruiters in India for IT industry which has employee strength of 400+ thousands in which 35.3% of women employees. One of the largest women employment companies in India.
India’s biggest information services company by serving big multinationals that ranks #8 in Fortune India list and, #30 in ‘Change the world’ Fortune list for its social contribution on putting software savvy to work for small farmers.
TCS Executive Leadership Team
· N. Chandrasekaran – Chairman
· Rajesh Gopinathan – Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
· OP Bhatt- Director
· N. Ganapathy Subramaniam – Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director
· Aarthi Subramanian – Director
· Dr. Pradeep Kumar Khosla – Director
· Hanne Birgitte Breinbjerg Sorensen -Director
· Keki M. Mistry – Director
· Don Callahan – Director
What are THE industries TCS offering its services?
TCS offers its services in various ranges of industries as follows
- Banking & Financial Services
- Communications, Media & Technology
- Life Sciences & Healthcare
- Public Services
- Travel, Transportation & Hospitality
- Consumer Goods & Distribution
- Energy, Resources & Utilities
What are the TCS products and services to its clients?
- TCS Interactive
- Analytics and Insights
- Internet of Things
- Enterprise Applications
- Cognitive Business Operations
- Conversational Experiences
- Automation & AI
- Engineering & Industrial Services
- Cyber Security
- Quality Engineering
How to apply TCS jobs for experienced and fresher?
Apply for TCS jobs online on TCS’s official website. Use the following steps to apply online.
Visit www.tcs.com and select ‘careers’ in the main menu on the top right corner.
You will be redirected to the page to select your appropriate country. Click the country where you look for a job. For example, India.
Now, you will see another page to select your category as Experienced Professional or Entry Level Hiring or Xplore. Click the ‘experienced professional’ option.
Here click explore button to view the page to see all jobs at TCS for experienced candidates.
Use keywords to find a job or use multiple search filter options to identify the precise jobs. The search filter options are
- Job title
- Function: Select any one of the following functions (Finance, QA, Business Process Service, Consultancy, IT infrastructure Services, Human Resource, Technology, Marketing, and sales)
- Experience: Choose your years of experience between (2-5 years, 5-14 years, 14-50 years)
- Click the ‘filter jobs’ button to view the specific jobs
Once you found the job read carefully the job description and desired candidate profile and apply for jobs. To apply for jobs, you must register your profile with TCS.
TCS Login and Register: Here you will be directed to the next page to register and ‘Create a Profile with TCS Careers’. Fill in the basic details of the form, upload your resume and register yourself as a job candidate. Remember the registration details such as email id and password for further communication.
TCS Jobs For fresher
You are eligible to apply for TCS IT & BPS jobs if you are a recent graduate or pre-final year student.
In either case, first, you need to register with TCS Next Step portal and clear TCS NQT interview for further process. Follow the steps below to apply online.
Step 1: Log on to careers.tcs.com.
Step 2: Select the country you are applying for.
Step 3: Since you are a fresher, click the ‘Entry-Level Hiring’ button. You will be taken to the TCS Next Step portal. Click ‘Register Now’.
Step 4: You will see two buttons – IT and BPS. Tap the IT or BPS button based on your educational background or career interest.
Step 5: Now you will be taken to the registration form When you fill the form, remember that all the fields in this form are mandatory.
Fill in the basic’s details such as email address, phone number, academic details, application source, create a password and submit confirm.
Now you will receive a DT (Direct Trainee) reference ID. Make a note of this for all future communications. On this, you will also receive an email from TCS. Now, click to enter your login password to fill the form on TCS Next Step portal home page
Step 6: Now it’s time to fill the job application form. The application form is divided into 4 sections.
- Personal details
- Academic and Work Experience
- Other details
- Application form preview and declaration
Make sure all the details in each section are filled in. Especially the fields marked in star.
Before applying, make sure you have the following documents ready for upload.
- PAN Card: You cannot proceed with the application without PAN Card. So, if you don’t have one apply.
- Mark sheets
- Softcopy of your resume in Pdf/doc/RTX/txt file format
- Name and contact details of 2 reference
When you completed all four sections submit the form. Once you submitted the form a PDF will be generated. Keep the form and take a printout for further reference.
What is the TCS recruitment process for freshers?
Interview Round 1- TCS NQT Interview
A National Qualifier Test (NQT) covers questions segments of English, Quantitative Aptitude, Technical (MCQ’s) and Coding test. The test duration will be for 2 hours.
Based on NQT score, you will be taken to next TCS Ninja interview process
Interview Round 2 – Technical Round
This round is to evaluate your technical expertise on subject knowledge. If the round is cleared, you would be asked to appear for the management panel round.
Interview Round 3 – HR Round:
The HR round is to assess your communication skills, grooming, flexibility to work in different shifts, and attitude. If cleared HR round, you will be sent to a technical round.
Interview Round 4 – Management Round
In this round, the panel would measure your organizational cultural fitment, attitude, soft skills, aspired career growth, stress management etc.
If you are selected, you will be provided with a provisional offer letter at the campus on the same day or via your TCS career portal account later.
The selected candidates must submit mandatory document copies such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, educational, experience, etc.
BGC (Background Check)
All your documents would be validated by the TCS Background Check team to verify the authenticity of the documents.
Final offer letter
Later some days, your final offer letter would be shared via the Next Step portal. You need to accept the offer letter in 7 days
141 TCS interview questions for Experienced and Fresher
TCS frequently hires a large number of candidates in several technical and non-technical domains. While the applicant’s pool is immense and thus the competition is high. So, intense preparation is imperative to crack the interview. The major part of interview preparation is knowing the interview questions and preparing for them.
Here we have compiled 141 interview questions for experienced and freshers candidates to standout in TCS interview. These are repetitive interview questions asked in multiple TCS interviews and assembled here as one package. These interview questions are gathered from hundreds of candidates who attended real-time interviews in different locations.
TCS Technical Interview Questions for freshers
- Is JVM platform independent?
- What are the OSI layers?
- What is looping statements?
- Can you give an example of an interface?
- Can you reverse the string “hello world”?
- Describe machine learning?
- Describe program logic to determine whether or not a number is prime?
- Difference between structure and union.
- Explain dynamic memory allocation
- explain inheritance and abstraction
- Explain OOPs concepts
- Explain polymorphism in OOPS with an example.
- Explain the functionality of linked list.
- Given an array of characters. Print the characters at even positions.
- How would you implement a Palindrome function in C++?
- OOPs Concept Features?
- What are a linked list and dictionaries?
- What are the 5 major points of object-oriented programming?
- What are the basic data types?
- What are the different types of data types?
- What are the principles of object-oriented programming?
- What is transistor?
- What do you know about data structures?
- What does JSON stand for?
- What does static variable mean?
- what is abstraction?
- What is Ajax?
- What is an array of int type?
- What is an array?
- What is array list?
- what is bigdata and its advantage?
- What is blockchain? Explain its process.
- What is break and continue statement?
- What is class and static class?
- What is constructor overloading?
- What is database?
- what is data structure and what its types?
- what is dbms?
- What is De- Morgan’s law?
- What is difference between interface & abstract class?
- what is inheritance?
- What is method overloading and overriding
- What is normalization in DBMS?
- What is normalization of databases, joins, and keys?
- What is overloading?
- What is pointer? Explain with diagram?
- what is polymorphism?
- what is primary key and foreign key?
- What is SSL?
- what is stack?
- What is the difference between a class and structure?
- What is the difference between an array and a list?
- what is the difference between double linked list and circular linked list?
- What is the difference between unstructured and structured data?
- What is the purpose of the static keyword?
- write the bubble sort code.
TCS Technical Interview Questions for Experienced (1-2 years)
- If database of your project fails, what would you do?
- Advantage of orm and mvc?
- Describe the basic Machine learning algorithms that you have worked with?
- Explain cloud computing and its real-life application?
- Explain Electrical design and circuit
- Explain osi model and its different layers
- Explain the use of final method, final variable, final class?
- Find the length of an array which has sum equal to k?
- Give an example of inheritance by sharing your screen.
- Given a sorted array find the frequency of a given element in O(log n) time?
- How confident you are with different design systems?
- How does a starter work in fluorescent lamp?
- Insertion of elements in array or stacks or queues or linked lists is easy??
- Is Armstrong number a sum of cubes or squares?
- Tell us about latest trend in technology
- Wap to print pattern?
- What are Lists and tuples?
- what are the different Machine Learning types?
- What are the four pillars of OOP?
- What do you mean by circular queue?
- What does JVM do?
- What is 3 tier architecture of web development?
- what is a diode? What is its symbol
- What is a quadrode?
- what is inline functions?
- what is JRE?
- What is linear regression?
- What is the difference between mvc and mvt?
- what is the difference between static block and static function?
- What is the difference between UI and UX
- write a code for reverse a number without converting it into string
- Write a prime no. program using break statement?
- write a sql query to extract 10 candidate records from the table?
- Write factorial program and trace it
- You have classes x and y, which is the superclass?
TCS Java Interview questions
- Describe how inheritance works in Java?
- What are the different Classes in Java?
- What is JVM, JRE, JDK in Java?
- What is meant by RMI in java?
- How java is different from c++?
- What is the difference between overloading and overriding in Java?
- Is String mutable in java or not? How can u make it mutable?
- Can a class in Java be named the same as another class? When?
- How do you explain java to a 6-year-old kid?
- Write a Java program to check if a number is odd or even?
- When to use a transient variable in Java?
- When to use the volatile variable in Java?
TCS Interview questions on C for experienced and freshers
- Which is better: C vs C++?
- Write a basic C language code?
- What are the different storage classes in C?
- What is the difference between C and object-oriented programming?
- what is the use of switch case in C?
- Why is C known as a mother language?
- What are the features of the C language?
- What is the use of a static variable in C?
- What is a pointer in C?
- What is a NULL pointer in C?
TCS Python Interview questions
- What is Dictionary in Python?
- what are the different libraries used in python?
- What are the key features of Python?
- Explain the ternary operator in Python.
- How long can an identifier be in Python?
- What is the pass statement in Python?
- What is slicing?
- How do you reverse a list?
- How would you define a block in Python?
- What is Python good for?
TCS HR Interview questions
- What will you do if you get rejected in this interview?
- What are your 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Why are you choosing to join tcs?
- Why should we offer you?
- Tell me one example where you have collaborated with other teams to drive value in the organization
- Did you anytime have to lead the team? Explain about it.
- Why do you want this job?
- What is TCS, a product based or service-based company?
- Are your comfortable with night shift?
- What is your greatest professional achievement?
- Tell me about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work, and how you dealt with it.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What do you like least about your job?
FAQ’s about TCS interview
It is not about whether the TCS interview is tough or easy. The fact is the more you prepare its easier to crack the interview. Get adequate knowledge such as interview stages, interview rounds, interview questions, etc. This blog post gives all the answers that you need for a TCS interview.
If you are attending the interview for a fresher category, study well for an initial NQT aptitude test. Which covers interview questions of verbal ability, reasoning ability, numerical ability, programming logic, coding test. Also, prepare for HR Round, Technical Questions, Management round.
If you are an experienced professional, prepare well on your core subject and other relevant areas.
TCS offers Rs.3.30 to Rs.3.60 lakh per annum minimum salary for freshers who cleared all the interview rounds starting from NQT, technical round, HR round, and management round. This is the basic salary under TCS Ninja. Whereas the NQT toppers who may be hired in TCS digital can get a minimum salary of Rs.7 lakh per annum.
Experienced professionals doesn’t required prepare for the NQT interview questions as it is not applicable for them at TCS.
The interview rounds for freshers typically for three rounds post NQT examination. The interview rounds include the technical round, HR round, and management round.
Wearing a formal and professional dress code is recommended for TCS interviews. For male candidates, wearing solid colored shirts like white, blue, grey, and other shades with matching pants is good. Avoid, dark, printed dresses. Wear well-fitted formal shoes with lace is better.
In a TCS interview, if you are an experienced you will be asked different types of questions in different interview rounds . In the technical round, most of the questions asked to measure your core competencies.
In the HR round, the questions asked to evaluate your communication, flexibility, expectation, etc. Similarly in the management round, the questions are focused to assess your attitude, organizational fitment, stress management, etc.
If you are a fresher, start from your academics, projects, achievements, other curriculum activities, your strengths. And, share your hobbies, your family back ground, etc.
If you are a experienced professional, begin from your current role, achievement, previous employment records and then academic and personal details.