Infosys is one of the India’s main tech corporations, headquarters are in Bengaluru, Karnataka. And, Infosys interview process is a well-organized selection method for finding the best match between a candidate aptitude and company requirements.
Infosys Interview Process (Step by Step)
Infosys offers huge opportunities for freshers through on-campus recruitment drive in various locations of the country. Scroll down to know Infosys’s detailed recruitment pattern and interview process for freshers who pass out of college.
Eligibility criteria to apply for Infosys Job as fresher
This is a great opportunity for freshers to start their career with a large tech giant. To have this opportunity, a candidate must have below academic credentials.
- Engineering / Technology – UG/PG with above 68% CGPA with no active backlogs
- Computer Science / Electronics / Physics / Statistics / Mathematics – UG/PG with above 68% CGPA with no active backlogs
- Above 60% marks 10th an 12th
- An applicant shouldn’t have more than 2 years of educational gap
- Flexible to work in different technologies as required by company
- Willingness to relocate any location
- Previously attended but not selected candidates are bared for the next nine months
Infosys interview rounds
Infosys interview process includes various rounds of interviews to scrutiny the best results from the candidates. Infosys is highly careful in their selection process as they know the performance of a right or wrong candidate directly affect the overall company values.
Interview Round#1 Online aptitude test
In this first round of interview process the Infosys would measure the candidate’s aptitude skills. This online test is for total 100 marks and the questions covers five sections. Logical reasoning, mathematical abilities, verbal abilities, pseudo code and puzzle solving are covered.
Infosys Online Test Instruction
- The total time allotted for the test is 100 minutes i.e. 1 hour 40 minutes.
- The candidate needs to secure at least 70% in each section.
- The first section logical reasoning contains 15 questions with a time cut-off of 25 minutes. The questions are based on data interpretation, syllogism, data sufficiency, Cryptarithmetic, arrangements, number series, logical deduction, puzzles, etc.
- The second section is mathematical or numerical abilities which contains 10 questions with a 35-minute duration. The sequence of questions to solve data interpretation, formulae, permutation & combination, the problem of ages, probability, algebra, etc.
- The third section is to measure verbal abilities. Total 20 questions with 20 minutes time duration. The verbal ability questions include short reading comprehension, basic English grammar, sentence altercation, vocabulary, etc.
- The fourth section is for Pseudo Code in 10 minutes with 5 questions. Based on the earlier candidate report, most questions of this section C, C++, and Data Structures.
- The fifth section is for Puzzle solving in 10 minutes with 4 questions. The puzzle section contains the topic related to numeric and logical abilities.
Infosys online interview preparation tips & guidelines
Follow these recommendations while observing Infosys recruitment and selection process.
- Make sure the laptop/computer is in good compatibility for the online test. 4GB ram, i3 core processor, Google Chrome browser version 70 or above is recommended.
- Ensure other devices such as webcam, keyboard, mouse are working fine
- Stable internet connection with at least 5 MPBS speed, the uninterrupted power supply is mandatory.
- Do not use mobile or tablet for the online test.
- For taking the online interview, Choose to have an undistracted room with no background noise.
- Choose the place which has a neat background with a proper lightning facility. Avoid lights behind you which may cause an unclear view of your face to the interviewer.
- Before you begin to take the test, make sure that all other windows or applications are closed. Using communication applications such as Microsoft Teams, Skype, etc. is strictly prohibited and leads to disqualification from the Infosys interview process.
- Use of calculators or similar devices is not allowed during the test.
- You will be tracked throughout the online interview. Shifting another window from the online test screen is a serious violation and may negatively impact your test result.
- Make sure to login as per the time slot. Late login after 15 minutes from the slot time is invalid from the Infosys recruitment process. Login before 15 min is advisable
- Dress well as like you are in a direct interview
- Never leave video screen during interview time for any reason
- Caution: if any violations observed during the interview process the candidate application will be disqualified from the Infosys selection process
Interview Round#2 Infosys Technical Round
Once you successfully cleared the online aptitude test, the technical interview is taken into account as the next Infosys interview process.
The primary focus of the technical round is to evaluate your domain knowledge. The questions mostly circled your CV but also quantify your attitude and other related factors. Be confident and polite in your answers.
Your sound knowledge of any one programming language will help you to ace the interview. Get adequate information about the latest technologies, operating systems, and company requirements are the prerequisite. Verify around to know the companies-related field of interest at that point of interview.
Here are sample questions:
- Mention any two differences between C++ and Java.
- Explain your projects
- Explain all the oops concepts with real time examples
- What is AI, Machine learning and Deep learning ?
- What is Normalization?
- How are the oops concepts implemented in Java?
- Explain the normal forms
- What are the various advantages of DBMS?
Interview Round#3 Infosys HR Round
Once you successfully completed the technical round, you will need to appear for the HR round. The questions in HR round is to know who you are as a person and how your personality can contribute to the company.
What you will be checked during HR interview at Infosys interview process?
- Your communication skills
- What you know about Infosys
- What is your confident level
- What are your personality traits
- How good you are with team
- Your pressure handling capacity
- your strengths and weaknesses
- Your family background
- Your hobbies and personal life
- Your body language
Here are sample HR questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about our company?
- Say something apart from your Resume
- Why do you want to join Infosys?
- Describe a hardest moment and how did you managed?
- What if one of your team member under performing, and how will handle ?
Infosys job interview – FAQ
Infosys interview consists of three rounds which include online aptitude test, technical interview and HR round. The candidate will be offered as per the Infosys recruitment and selection process.
Infosys interview is moderate based on glassdoor interview review report. Over 10k interview reviews submitted in glassdoor.com reveals that the overall difficulty level for Infosys interview is average.
Infosys said that it will hire 24000 freshers out for college during the financial year 2021-2022. A times of india article reveals.
The Infosys hires freshers for the positions of System Engineer, System Engineer Specialist and Power Programmer.
The Infosys salary package for freshers would be Power Programmer – 8 LPA, System Engineer Specialist – 5.5 LPA, System Engineer – 3.5 LPA.
Support Author? Use this Amazon link and purchase any products: https://amzn.to/3oaELfz