Job ID 126596
1st shift – Machinist Job Description
Chromalloy is a global engineering & solutions company. We are a leading provider of aftermarket parts, repairs, and solutions that safely & reliably extend the life of aircraft engines and gas turbines. We develop, manufacture and repair critical turbine components for a range of engine platforms. Our solutions support the engines running the aerospace, energy and defense industries around the world.
Chromalloy employees are proud, passionate problem-solvers who strive to live our values every day. A career with Chromalloy is an opportunity to learn from top industry experts, work with important technologies, and unlock a passion for innovation. Join our team of experts, innovators and problem-solvers delivering world-class solutions for our customers. Be part of something bigger with Chromalloy.
Chromalloy Phoenix is a FAA Repair Station which requires employees to be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card holder).
SCOPE of WORK
A Machinist writes, edits, and operates CNC Robots, establishes thermal spray parameters, processes articles using powder, wire and/or HVOF, performs masking operations, grit blast operations, performs routine maintenance of thermal spray equipment and is responsible for overall work assignments under the supervision of the Cell Supervisor/Work Leader.
CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely following all health, safety and environmental rules and policies.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and integrity as set forth in our Code of Conduct.
- With a positive attitude, demonstrate the ability to effectively participate in a team environment that promotes the company’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions delivered in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems using appropriate critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and effectively communicate in English.
- Continually look for ways to increase efficiency and productivity, while maintaining the required level of quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following-
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Safely and efficiently set up and operate all common machine tools engine lathes.
- Can machine parts using horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses manually.
- Perform simple to complex machine setups with little to no assistance.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics.
- Solid working knowledge of machine tools/parts, set up, operation and maintenance.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Must be able to work independently, but also demonstrate an ability to work productively within the department team.
- Work with Machinist III and Process Engineers to improve Cell processes.
- Troubleshoot problems under the guidance of Machinist III.
- Suggest changes that improve safety and boost productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any additional requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
3+ years experience with manual machines.
Trade school education/certificate preferred.
Machining certificates as equipment requires.
Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and familiarity with Microsoft packages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally: Sit, lift, and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Regularly: Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Push or pull using material handling equipment up to 500 pounds.
Frequently: Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms. Use hands to type, handle, or feel. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, and focus adjustment. Initial and annual hearing and vision exams must be successfully passed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical parts, and the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and moderate heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination as it relates to terms and conditions of employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable law. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, is likewise not tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
Apply for the Job