Job ID 127125
Accounts Payable Administrator Job Description
WHAT’S THE JOB?
- Performance of a wide array of detailed accounting transactions and functions encompassing AP, journal entries and reporting.
- Inputs invoices and verifies against purchase orders as well confirming G/L coding.
- Prepares invoice approval packages and manages the approval process.
- Ensures accuracy of information used by the finance department for the month-end analysis.
- Prioritizes invoices according to payment terms and impact of untimely payments.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist the team in sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Works with fellow team members to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Responds to requests and follows up to inquiries for information within the organization and from vendors regarding accounts payable.
- Ensures Manager is informed of important supplier information that would have a significant impact on the accounts payable system and the operation of the company.
- Process EFT, wire, and cheque payment runs as required.
- Set-up and maintain accounts payable vendor master.
- Assist with audit-related requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Fluent in English and French preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar accounting software is highly desired.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Must be well organized and possess strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles is required.
- Must have skills that include problem solving, research and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of GST/HST, QST and PST.