Job ID 124794
Raising the bar on customer experience
Our customer service team is the engine that drives Amazon’s mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Virtual Customer Service Remote Amazon entry level Work From Home. We’ve built our reputation on caring for every detail. We’re a global company with a personal touch.
Our world-class CRM systems and self-service solutions are used by millions of customers each day on our websites, apps, and through our digital products such as Kindle, Echo, and Alexa.
Customer service roles encompass a wide range of skills, from technology and product development to customer support via phone, email, or chat. Our customer service team interacts with customers in 16 languages from more than 130 locations around the globe, as well as virtually from home.
Discover job opportunities in our featured locations:
Our mission at Amazon is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and our award-winning Technical Support team is a key part of achieving that goal. Doing our best for our customers is where we get our energy, and that’s why you’ll find we approach things differently here. You won’t be asked to read from a script or learn dialogue by heart. Instead, we’ll provide you with the training to you need to investigate, problem-solve, and guide customers toward a resolution. You’ll bring your unique personality to every customer conversation and deliver the exceptional technical support experience our customers love.
Do you have an inquisitive mind and a passion for technology? Do you enjoy researching, problem-solving, and sharing your knowledge with others? If so, then read on to find out more about our Technical Support Associate role.
What will you do as a Technical Support Associate?
As an Amazon Technical Support Associate, you have a very clear purpose: to investigate and resolve queries regarding Amazon’s digital services and devices, such as Kindle, Echo, and Fire TV (among others), and to provide outstanding technical support to our customers. You’ll be the first point of contact for our English customers by answering their requests through phone, chat, and/or email, and use a variety of tools to analyze and troubleshoot issues in real-time, investigate solutions, and communicate effectively with customers. You will also be responsible for conducting escalations when necessary.
What are your hours?
This role requires working variable hours to match when customers need us most. You will work a mixed schedule, day, late, or overnight shifts and your work week is a minimum 40 hours, for example 4x10hrs or 5x8hrs. In order to match our customer demand, we schedule based on a variety of different shift patterns operating within 24 hours Monday to Sunday. You will receive your work schedule at least 2 weeks in advance and your shifts may change every couple of weeks. You may be required to work on national holidays and will be compensated accordingly. You will learn more about your exact schedule closer to your start
What qualifications do we need from you?
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Have the right to work in Costa Rica without restrictions
- Strong communication skills in Spanish and English (both written and oral fluency)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient computer skills
- The availability to work varying shifts from Monday to Sunday operating within 24 hours
- Willingness and ability to work in rotating shifts (i.e. early, late, overnight, weekend, and overtime as required)
- You’ll need a quiet, distraction free workspace within a dedicated office space with a desk and chair
- From a technical perspective, a minimum 10Mbps and upload speed of 2Mbps (ADSL/LTE/Airfiber) Broadband connection speed using a hard-wire ethernet internet connection (no WIFI)
What strengths will you bring?
- Inquisitive, articulate, and solution-oriented
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Friendly and customer-focused in every situation
- Ability to learn quickly and embrace change
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a high-energy environment
What benefits will you receive?
One of the great things about joining Amazon’s Customer Service team is that you don’t need past experience in customer service. You’ll receive training and be provided with a complete equipment package when you join. Additionally, we offer a number of benefits, including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Savings (AsoAmazon)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Amazon employee discount
- Lifestyle benefits and retail discounts through our Amazon Extras program
- Expert training and ongoing opportunities to learn more and develop your skills
- Career Choice
If this role sounds like it’s for you, then click on the link below to start the application process!
You’ll need to allow 1-2 hours to complete the full application, including assessments that will evaluate your suitability for the role. You will have the option to save your application during the process and return it if necessary. We recommend using a laptop/desktop computer in order to get the best experience.
If successful, we will contact you about the next steps!