Job ID 126921
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) team builds innovative solutions for Stripe customers to confidently manage access to their data and resources. IAM Data Plane, part of Identity Access Management platform, is at the front-line for building trust with Stripe customers. We do this by ensuring correct access to merchant data and maintaining a highly available and performant infrastructure. The team is responsible for ensuring that our user’s data is safe and protected and allowing only appropriately authenticated requests.
This role is critical for Stripe and its customers. Our systems in IAM power all of Stripe and ensure strict standards for Authentication and Authorization throughout the product and the impact of our work cannot be understated. IAM engineers operate load bearing dependencies on every request to Stripe, and on a long chain of trust that our users rely on.
What you’ll do
As an engineer on the team you will have the opportunity to solve a broad range of challenging problems at scale. You will partner with many other teams at Stripe, building and designing solutions that are scalable to power Stripe authentication and authorization needs.
- Build new infrastructure, services, and features that operate at scale for serving Stripe request authentication and authorization needs
- Ensure that our services are scalable, extensible, reliable, and performant which meet SLAs for our users.
- Have a broad scope of influence, with frequent collaboration across teams and functions
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Uphold our high engineering standards, and elevate quality and engineering efficiency within our codebase and processes
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Have a strong technical background, including 2+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale systems
- Have experience with distributed computing systems
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Attention to technical detail and the nitty gritty
- Experience writing high quality code in a major programming language (ideally Java)
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, and security
- Experience with building distributed computing systems
- Experience with Identity Access Management systems
- Experience optimizing the end to end performance of distributed systems
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams from Security to mobile and product teams.
Location: US (Remote)