Job ID 126650
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe was built with simplicity in mind. We strive to deliver frictionless experiences for all of our users, whether they are an Independent Business, Startup, SMB, or Enterprise and our mission is to provide all Stripe Users with the best support experience possible. Today, Stripe handles over a million support cases per year and processes millions of internal transactions. We’re going to achieve excellence by thinking of support in a novel, solution-oriented way, and viewing operations as an integral enabler of all of Stripe’s growth.
Stripe has unique operational problems resulting from both our type of scale and the type of businesses we partner with as a result of “growing the GDP of the Internet.” Stripes leverage understanding of our products, the financial industry and money movement, and our processes to support both internal and external users. Doing so requires us to invest significant resources into building this experience ourselves.
What you’ll do
As a Collections Specialist for Stripe Capital, you will provide surprisingly great, empathetic, and strategic support to Stripe Capital merchants who have missed payments. You will manage a collections queue of overdue users, reaching out by phone, email and SMS to assist them getting their business back on track. With high EQ and a genuine desire to help their businesses succeed, you’ll ensure a positive experience on Stripe while also protecting Stripe’s ability to offer more loans to more merchants.
Perhaps most importantly, you’ll be expected to make process and product recommendations to improve users’ Collections experience and enable Stripe to offer more loans to more businesses. As an expert resource for the Capital product and engineering team, as well as risk, support and other functions across Stripe, you will work with these stakeholders to advocate for and in some cases drive those product and process enhancements.
- Manage multiple delinquent accounts for debt collection efforts
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Plan a course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle merchant questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in payments or accounts
- Propose process, tooling, and product enhancements to improve the Collections experience for Stripe merchants
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Office and database software skills
- Ability to pick up new tooling and technology quickly
- Ability to explain complex financial topics succinctly and clearly (eg, the collection experience to other teams within Stripe)
- Multi-tasking, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to grasp and navigate relevant legal requirements
- Ability to work independently, with strong attention to detail
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Location: US (Remote)
Apply for the Job