Job ID 124119
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
We are an energetic group of rule-breaking trailblazers that defy the status quo. We are naturally authentic, results-driven, chaotic, enthusiastic and ever-evolving—and we’re proud of that. We liberate our employees to think big, dream bigger and do better.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking, tactical, agile CPG Chief Marketing Officer. Someone who can lead the strategic direction of when, where, and how we show up in the world—in brand management, marketing, at retail, and online. Can you work in a room full of BIG THINKERS and guide putting that creativity into ACTION?
~THE RESPONSIBILITIES (the sh*t you own)
• Leads the integrated marketing planning process, setting the strategy, providing creative with direction, and driving teams to execution.
• Develops strategic marketing plans to accommodate corporate goals.
• Drives the development and execution of advertising programs.
• Oversees the performance and management of new product development and advertising programs, including digital, e-comm, print & direct, social media, affiliates, partnerships, events, PR and retail programs.
• Continue to grow our DTC business to become a bigger % of total sales.
• Oversee and manage existing direct response channels, develop, and test new channels, and scale the ones that deliver significant ROI.
• Plan, execute, and measure DTC experiments and conversion tests to increase performance and ROAS.
• Brings a combination of organizational management and disciplined leadership, strategic guidance, and build-out various marketing channels.
• Leads research initiatives to understand brand resonance, consumer segmentation, and product definition/use cases.
• Increases core brand equity measures such as brand awareness, preference, and purchase across all prospective markets.
• Owns marketing scorecard and establishes marketing ROI/KPIs and increases metrics quarterly.
• Manage, develop, mentor, and regularly assess and review performance of marketing team
• Provides innovative solutions to business and media issues.
• Leads new business strategic planning initiatives.
• Oversees the tracking, analysis, and interpretation of the competitive landscape for sustainable brand advantage.
• Collaborates with product teams/business units to define and consistently position the brand.
• Ensures effective coordination between various business units such as sales, marketing, finance, etc. around common strategies in supporting and improving branding initiatives.
• Manages the departmental budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
~THE QUALIFICATIONS & ~THE SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
• 10-15 years marketing experience within the CPG industry with emphasis on DTC.
• 10+ years of marketing supervisory experience.
• Master tactical strategizer and executor.
• “Follow through enforcer” that loves to push projects to the finish line on time and on budget.
• Strikes the right balance between being detail-oriented enough to manage a small scrappy budget (well, scrappy compared to the big guys) with being strategic enough to ensure the brand gains world dominance.
• We believe in supersonic speed growth. Must be able to think fast on your feet at 200 miles an hour…while spinning 10 plates…AND while managing a whole team of plate spinners (think circus act)
· Ability to adapt to change and to operate effectively in ambiguous situations.
· Self-starter w/emphasis on creativity but partnered with solid analytical and problem-solving
· Must be able to work in a (very) fast-paced environment, multi-task and prioritize.
· Energetic, inquisitive, collaborative with a great attitude.
· Must be a challenger, risk taker and go-getter mentality.
· Create a sense of urgency, initiate change, improvise solutions, promote alternatives,
· Brainstorm possibilities, originate options, Defy the odds.
· Ability to honor the brand as it is while elevating it to a new level of recognition in the world.
· Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including superior
collaboration and negotiation.
• Creative, high-energy work environment—sitting still is hard for us.
• Award-winning marketing and kickass products.
• Employee discounts on products (you’ll never have to smell your poop again… like ever).
• Competitive pay, Medical, Dental Benefits and matching 401K.
• Healthy snacks available for when your stomach starts rumblin’.
• Bottomless lattes and sparkling water—if you aren’t obsessed with Topo Chico yet, you will be!
• Massage chair and relaxation room, for when you need a breather.
• …and of course, endless Poo jokes