Job ID 125673
Medtronic Nursing Jobs – Clinical Specialist, Pain Interventions
Min Salary USD
Max Salary USD
Yes, < 25 % of the Time
Careers that Change Lives
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career.
We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
Our vision is to become the undisputed world leader in Neuromodulation, improving patient lives through innovative solutions. Our therapies span the care continuum; from early interventional procedures to implantable surgical technologies that relieve pain, restore function and improve lives for our patients.
We’re committed to applying clinical and economic evidence and integrated technologies to our unmatched portfolio of therapies to develop healthcare solutions that increase patient access, improve the efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
The Pain Therapies division offers solutions — from early interventional procedures to implantable surgical technologies — that treat chronic pain as well as pain from spinal fractures, cancer, and severe spasticity.
Our key Pain Therapies include: Spinal Cord Stimulation, Drug infusion systems for chronic pain, severe spasticity, RF Nerve Ablation.
Click here to learn more about products.
A Day in the Life:
At Medtronic, the Clinical Specialist, supports the Neuromodulation Pain and Target Drug Delivery Therapies in the areas of surgical coverage, follow-up support, troubleshooting, customer service and education. This person will be engaged in basic market development activities depending upon the needs of the assigned territory and district.
This is a field based role.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Represents Medtronic during surgical procedures (trials, implants, revisions) by ensuring access to all necessary equipment and products required for the case, device selection, programming, implantation and testing of all device systems
- Manages patients through all phases of the clinical process as well as educate them on the features and benefits of Medtronic products
- Provides clinical support in surgeries, re-programmings, trouble-shooting and follow ups in hospitals and clinics
- Responds promptly and appropriately to technical inquiries by customers, patients, and colleagues
- Maintains a working knowledge of competitive products
- Educates and trains physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to our products and therapies – this is achieved by coordinating: one on one teaching sessions, formal in-service education programs, seminars and/or outside symposia
- Assists Management and Sales Training department in education/training of new employees in the district
- Complies with required event reporting and documentation utilizing Medtronic technology tools
- Accountable to place an order with customer service for pending purchase orders and product replacement and is responsible for working with materials management to collect POs for cases covered within the territory/district
- Responsible for managing inventory provided for case coverage, Including: timely transactions when product is used, sold or transferred, maintaining a required level of cycle count accuracy, executing product retrievals as instructed, turning over inventory in a reasonable time frame, not implanting expired product or product that is on hold
- Contributes to the achievement of quarterly goals associated with specific initiatives at the district, regional and/or national level
- Partners with sales representatives to achieve business goals set forth within the territory/district and documents quarterly activities utilizing provided business tool(s)
- Visits accounts to replenish literature and establishes/maintains relationships with office staff
- Mentors Associate Clinical Specialists
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, IPAD and PC
- Ability to manage personal expenses and budget effectively
- Ensures personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable
- Follows all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work
- Medtronic Nursing Jobs – Clinical Specialist, Pain Interventions
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader —that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
To learn more about Inclusion & Diversity at Medtronic Click Here
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure these minimum requirements are evident in your applicant profile.
- A High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 6 years of clinical or medical sales experience; or
- An Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of clinical or medical sales experience; or
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of clinical or medical sales experience.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care related field
- Master’s degree
- Registered nurse or HCP with experience in a sterile environment
- Clinical experience with implantable neurological products and patient care
- Experience in servicing medical personnel on product use
- Experience with a medical device company or pharmaceutical company, and clinical experience in a specialty area: neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, operating room, pain management, or home health care
- Understands basic reimbursement and healthcare environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
Physical Job Requirements
- Required to function using healthcare universal precautions to minimize exposure to infectious disease and radiation
- Ability to serve as the primary resource for scheduled and unscheduled clinical events, periodically required to work weekends, evenings and nights and may be required to engage in overnight travel within own district or neighboring districts
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously with little direction when outside of clinical events
- Ability to attend national meetings, district meetings and other training as requested
- Ability to wear a 7-9 lbs protective lead apron for extended periods of time in the operating room
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to sitting, standing, and/or walking for 8+ hours per day
- Ability to bend/stoop, squat and balance frequently
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
**Must have a valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
A commitment to our employees lives at the core of our values. We recognize their contributions. They share in the success they help to create. We offer a wide range of benefits, resources, and competitive compensation plans designed to support you at every career and life stage. Learn more about our benefits here.
In addition to Base Salary, this position is eligible for a Sales Incentive Plan (SIP), which provides the opportunity to earn significant incentive compensation for achieving or exceeding your goals. Learn more about total rewards here.
The provided base salary range is used nationally in the United States (except in Puerto Rico and certain CA locations). The rate offered is compliant with federal/local regulations and may vary by experience, certification/education, market conditions, location, etc.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
ecialist, Pain Interventions