Job ID 124780
The Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
As a Cloud Solution Architect -AI Cognitive Services, you will enable customers to achieve their outcomes, based on their investments in Microsoft technology. Leveraging your Microsoft Azure and AI technical subject matter expertise, you will lead technical conversations with customers and Microsoft colleagues, to drive value from their MS investments. This includes accelerating customer adoption by building Generative AI solutions and identifying resolutions to issues impeding customer success projects. You will also drive product influence with Engineering and increase technical intensity in the field. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your technical and collaboration skills, and deepening your cloud expertise. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our
values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Accelerate customer engagements from Proof of Concept to Production for Azure Cognitive Services workloads including Azure OpenAI service, Azure Speech, Azure Cognitive Search, and Form Recognizer
- Expand and grow Azure Cognitive services adoption for existing customer base
- Provide customers with Generative AI expertise and advisory through architecture designs, proof of concepts, and production reviews
- Lead and provide guidance in technical escalations to unblock AI customers in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Provide expert perspective to key stakeholders to increase platform adoption through customer insights & feedback
- Drive product improvement and influence roadmap with Engineering through deep technical insights
- Increase AI technical intensity in the Field through upskilling, sharing best practices and scaling repeatable IP
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with Azure Cognitive Services including Azure OpenAI or equivalent), Open-Source AI frameworks and architecture design
- “Hands on” experience creating AI Proof of Concepts, and Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) leading to production deployments
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand market and relevant cloud trends
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge (preferred):
- Generative AI
- Application development skills – ability to implement a back end orchestration app (Python or similar) and integrate with Azure AI and other services
- Architecture – the ability to create and explain 3-tier architecture diagrams, system context diagrams, system interaction diagrams, etc.
Other Professional Experience:
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful acceleration and unfreezing of customer projects.
- Collaboration and Communication: Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, ability to communicate AI concepts effectively with business, data science and technical audiences, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationship Building: Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with key stakeholders. The ability to influence and build relationships across technical and business teams.
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Good understanding of key AI scenarios that are driving innovation in key industries such as financial services, Retail, Healthcare etc.
- Problem Solving: Ability to solve customer’s AI problems through various cloud technologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT Management, Data Scientists, Engineers)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 4+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- o OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AI services on customer implementations.
- 2+ years of experience designing, delivering, consulting AI solutions to enterprise-scale AI solutions.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field AND 6+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience working in a customer-facing role (e.g., internal and/or external).
- 4+ years experience working on technical projects.
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google, security certifications).
Cloud Solution Architecture IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $101,200 – $194,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $130,000 – $213,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.