Job ID 124990
Position Overview At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Content Designer Sr within PNC’s Linga organization, you may be based in a remote location. This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
As a Content Designer Sr you will create and revise technical documents such as descriptive manuals, guides, reports, brochures or articles covering a variety of highly complex subjects which are presented in an easy to comprehend fashion. In this role, you will be responsible for researching topics, writing documents and editing your work for publication.
Job Duties include:
• Write and edit technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals
• Write and edit procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals
• Determine the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements
• Meet with engineers, programmers, and project managers to learn about specific products or processes
• Research product samples to fully understand product
• Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding
• Plan writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines
• Create or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process
• Gather feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents
Due to the nature of the position, we are seeking candidates with both verbal communication skills, as well as exceptional written and grammatical skills with a variety of writing styles. Preferred candidates will have the ability to present complex data in clear, concise text in addition to editing and proofreading the work of your colleagues. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software also preferred.
This is a remote position. Work may be performed from a quiet, confidential space in a home location, approved by PNC. This position may not be available in all geographic locations.
- As a part of the digital product development process, create content for digital experiences and serve as a subject matter expert for content. Partner with writers, experience designers, agile development teams, and core product team members. Serve as strong, critical voice to deliver an engaging, consistent, and accessible experience to our audiences.
- Create content and serve as a subject matter expert in voice, style, and grammar. Work closely with other Content Designers and Experience Designers on established products.
- Identify problems and consult on creative content solutions that educate and empower users.
- Maintain and champion content guidelines that provide consistent language and labeling across a range of touchpoints.
- Lead user research initiatives; overseeing test plans, interview guides, test scripts, and analysis documents.
- Develop content in the digital product development process and partner with product managers for legal, risk, and compliance reviews.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Competencies Copywriting and Editing – Knowledge of a variety of formats, styles, and techniques for publishing materials; ability to develop and review these materials to promote business related activities. Creativity – Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations. Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions. Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation. Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. Group Facilitation – Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome. Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization. Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan. Product Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace. User Experience Design – Knowledge of user experience design tools, techniques and approaches; ability to design applications that are valued, positively perceived and used by clients.
Work Experience Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education, job specific certification(s), and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Education Bachelors (Required)
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
If an accommodation is required to participate in the application process, please contact us via email at [email protected]. Please include “accommodation request” in the subject line title and be sure to include your name, the job ID, and your preferred method of contact in the body of the email. Emails not related to accommodation requests will not receive responses. Applicants may also call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting for accommodation assistance. All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
At PNC we foster an inclusive and accessible workplace. We provide reasonable accommodations to employment applicants and qualified individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.