Job ID 126601
Data Analyst Job Description
For more than 75 years, Aspen Snowmass has been a destination where mind, body, and spirit can thrive. We sit within Aspen Skiing Company as part of the Aspen One portfolio, which aims to create premium, sustainable, transformative experiences in recreation, nature, and culture. Aspen Skiing Company operates in concert with partner brands Aspen Hospitality, including The Little Nell and Limelight properties; as well as Aspen Innovations, including ASPENX, which offers elevated experiential and retail products.
As a Data Analyst at Aspen One, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between data and business needs. Your role will encompass understanding our data infrastructure, collaborating with various stakeholders to gather requirements, and mapping business processes to optimize data utilization. This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring that our data systems are aligned with our business objectives and our data is accurately utilized.
The budgeted salary range for this position is $$78,175 – $101,527. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
This position location is preferred in the Roaring Fork Valley but we will consider remote in the state of Colorado for a well-qualified candidate.
Essential Job Functions
- Data Understanding: Develop a deep understanding of the company’s databases, data sources, and data structures. Create documentation for data definitions and data structures. Translate and document the relationship between business rules and data logic.
- Data Flows: Analyze and document data flows within the organization, identifying bottlenecks and opportunities for data optimization
- Requirements Gathering: Collaborate with business units to gather and document detailed requirements for data and reporting needs. Ensure that these requirements align with the organization’s strategic goals and available data
- Data Mapping: Work closely with business users to understand their reporting needs, translate these needs into technical requirements, and map them to source system data.
- Data Analysis: Perform data analysis to extract meaningful insights, identify trends, and make recommendations that support data-driven decision-making
- Data Governance Support: Support data governance working groups to create data definitions, compare report versions, evaluate current state processes, and recommend solutions to improve data usability and governance
- Reporting Development: Collaborate with the data engineering and business teams to design and develop reports, dashboards, and visualizations that provide actionable insights to stakeholders
- PowerBI Management: Help manage the Power BI platform including user permissions, report access, and report metadata
- Communication: Effectively communicate and document findings for non-technical stakeholders, ensuring that data is presented in a clear and understandable manner
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously identify opportunities to improve data-related processes, data quality, and reporting efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of experience preferred as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or similar role in a data-centric environment
- Proficiency in SQL queries and scripts to support analytics needs, data visualization tools, and data analysis techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with large datasets
- Knowledge of database systems and data warehousing concepts
- Familiarity with business process mapping and workflow analysis
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Adept at working with data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy and quality
- Experience with Agile methodologies and project management tools is a plus
- Experience working in the leisure, travel, tourism, ski resort, or hospitality industries – preferred
Supervision given and received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received. Works under general supervision of the Sr Manager of Data and Analytics. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
No adverse or hazardous conditions
Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company’s benefits and other compensation visit www.aspensnowmass.com/employment/benefits-and-perks
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here
Apply for the Job