Job ID 125896
It is an exciting time at Mayo Clinic, as we are building the most trusted generative AI and LLM-based solutions to empower our staff, improve our practice and transform healthcare. To accelerate our generative AI strategy, we are forming a cross functional team of technical experts. This team will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Generative AI Program’s Request for Application (RFA) Process, its entrants and winners
- Providing temporary tiger-team efforts to accelerate key initiatives
- Expanding the organization’s understanding of LLM technology through:
- Development of best practices, knowledge assets, and code examples to accelerate the efforts of others
- Execution of technical proofs of concept and exploration
- Providing consultations, presentations, and sharing of knowledge across Mayo Clinic to technical and non-technical audiences
- Providing guidance across the Generative AI program workstreams as technical experts
Candidate has extensive expertise in navigating the whole spectrum of transforming data to information to knowledge and to wisdom including problem formulation, data acquisition, modeling, learning strategy, and interpretation with extensive hands-on experience.
Provide strategic direction regarding data science and AI in a specific area (e.g., cancer, surgery, planning services, marketing, healthcare delivery). Work with enterprise leaderships to advance digital strategy at Mayo Clinic.
Works closely with Informatics and IT teams to create data and intelligence driven systems to solve complex client problems. Makes strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention requirements, incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices. Supports scientific projects under the loose supervision of a designated senior level data scientist, or under self-direction. Designs, develops, applies and modifies scripts or software applications to support data management, data extraction and data analysis as required. Provides Consultative Services at an enterprise level to departments/divisions. Is responsible to gather, analyze, present findings to leadership.
• Participates in multidisciplinary teams to design, develop, and recommend new approaches for data driven decision-making.
• Leads discovery processes on pioneering AI/ML based approaches to solve complex data problems across a variety of domains.
• Has deep expertise in the methods used to analyze data and deep knowledge of data types, topics, and scientific challenges and approaches that will be used to help inform and define new products, experiences and technologies.
• Guides and educates the data science team to provide unbiased and accurate information, analysis, consultation, and recommendations to support strategic and operational data science initiatives at Mayo Clinic.
• Will develop analytics tools that can be used by other staff with non-technical expertise.
100% remote role; the employee must live in the U.S.
Occasional travel (approximately twice a quarter) required; additional travel may be necessary as dictated by business needs.
PhD degree in domain-relevant sciences (mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, data science, engineering, health science or other domain-relevant field) with at least four years of informatics, Artificial Intelligence, data science and/or machine learning.
The successful candidate will need to have both technical and business background/experience along with strong leadership skills. Experience leading technical/quantitative teams and in-depth business or practice knowledge is required.
Demonstrated ability to develop predictive and prescriptive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems through leveraging advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques, is required. Demonstrated application of several problem-solving methodologies, planning techniques, continuous improvement methods, project management methods, and analytical tools and methodologies (e.g. machine learning, statistical packages, modeling, etc.) required. Incumbent must have ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities and stay current on healthcare trends and enterprise changes. Excellent interpersonal skills to include presentation, negotiation, persuasion, and written communications skills are required. Exceptional time management is required. In addition, requires excellent analytical skills, consulting skills, ability to deploy data science solutions, ability to identify and recommend solutions, advanced computer application skills and a commitment to customer service. Experience with data modeling and date exploration tools. Expertise in the use of scientific computing and data management packages. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate various tasks on projects. Demonstrated initiative in administration, education (seminars, training), software development, and technical reports.Demonstrated ability to provide vision and strategic direction at an institutional or enterprise level to departments/divisions and committees.
$159,973 – $231,962/ year. Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
M-F, daytime hours
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time