Job ID 124984
What Will You Do?
This position performs revenue cycle duties including but not limited to:
Processing patient insurance information through the patient intake process, collecting payment on outstanding patient balances, and resolving credits when overpayments are received from payers and refunds need to be issued.
Example of daily responsibilities includes:
- Perform duties for revenue operations department related to either medical insurance collections or credits, or setting patient insurance coverage
- Insurance Billing Specialist (Remote) Davita Work from Home
- Communicate with insurance payers to ensure proper insurance coverage for our patients or to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement for dialysis services rendered at our clinics
- Respond timely and accurately to payer communications
- Collaborate with other revenue operations teams to ensure seamless processes across teams
- Partner with clinics teammates such as Insurance counselors, social workers and facility administrators to ensure timely and accurate insurance information
- Help identify process changes and opportunities for continuous improvements
- Maintain current patient account information at all times
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
Other duties could include:
- May be asked to work overtime as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
Experience and required skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills: Every patient account and every insurance payor offers its own set of unique challenges. The ability to think through a situation and carefully identify the best action to take is critical to be successful at this role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: The position involves regular communication with insurance payors, as well as relationship building and interaction with other teammates
- Ability to adapt quickly:Our environment can change quickly on a daily basis. Adapting and demonstrating resiliency are key.
- Ownership:Teammates in this position will own a book of business. With some support of their leadership, teammates in this role should demonstrate drive and initiative to work through their queue.
- Creating a Special Place: Understands and embraces the DaVita culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits:Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family:Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits
DaVita Teammates Work Together to Make a Difference for our Patients, Each Other and Our World. This is underscored by our deep rooted commitment to our ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) practices. For more than 16 years, our Trilogy of Care—Caring for Our Patients, Caring for Each Other and Caring for Our World—has been at the heart of everything we do. Our key ESG issues and five focus areas are Patient Care, Teammate Engagement, Environmental Stewardship, Healthy Communities, and Leading with Integrity and Accountability.
The health and safety of our teammates and patients is our top priority as we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19 together. We have focused on access to vaccines, infection control practices and education to ensure the safety of our teammates and patients.