Job ID 125036
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Account Executive Work from Home Dollar General Remote. Dollar General Help’s shoppers save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Senior Media Account Executive, DG Media Network is responsible for stewarding media partnerships with DG suppliers spanning Consumer Packaged Goods, electronics, and beauty partners, proactively bringing forward insights-based media opportunities that will help their clients meet DG shoppers along the path to purchase via the DGMN’s portfolio of solutions. The role will work to identify client needs, collaborating with internal counterparts, including media planners, insights/data science to design media plans that align DGMN media tactics to client objectives. From there, they ensure a seamless hand off to our media buying team to ensure campaigns are delivered with excellence. This role is accountable to highlight new partnerships and evolving solutions, while delivering superior client satisfaction.
The Senior Account Executive role derives energy from building and growing partnerships in the near and long term. They are proactive in identifying opportunity, plan for success, partner seamlessly with a network of internal support functions, and can manage an accurate sales pipeline. They are fluent in shopper data and able to translate insights and measurement results into opportunities for media activation. The right candidate is a self-starter with a growth mindset, recognizing that they are ultimately accountable for the results they deliver.
Dollar General Media Network (DGMN) Overview:
DGMN helps brands connect to DG shoppers along their path to purchase through a portfolio of self-service and managed service digital tactics including Programmatic Display, Video, CTV, Digital out of Home, Audio, Social, O&O, onsite media and more. We use our first party data to bring to bear best in class media plans that will resonate with our customers and fulfill our partners’ KPIs. DGMN real time reporting and closed loop measurement allows us to assess performance and optimize.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Owning a book of business and driving the selling cycle with a portfolio of CPG clients including working with different groups that own advertising and marketing budgets (Shopper Marketing, Ecomm teams, Shopper Agencies, National Agencies of Record, Digital Teams)
- Fostering trusted client relationships
- Identifying opportunity using shopper insights and bringing forward media recommendations leveraging the DGMN portfolio of tactics to achieve the CPG objectives
- Overseeing the development of proposals, terms, deliverables and ensuring all campaigns meet all deadlines throughout the sales to market execution cycle
- Ensuring proper set up and intake of pipeline in Salesforce and right inputs collected to enable media buyers and DGMN’s creative studio
- Collaborating internally with a network of support functions including Product, Operations, Media Buyers, Media Planners, Insights, and Data Science to deliver the best of DGMN to our clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in consultative selling, with proven ability to deliver sales results
- Experience engaging with retailers and CPG clients across marketing verticals, including Ecomm, Trade, Shopper Marketing and Digital Media
- Comfort interpreting closed-loop media measurement tying marketing to sales using retail data
- Proven client leadership skills; ability to develop relationships and influence
- Analytical acumen to make decisions; understand and optimize media campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to internally partner on behalf of the client
- Effective and proactive project management skills
- Ability to articulate and translate client objectives to build a media plan
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use in marketing
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to share actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Bachelors’ degree B.A. / B.S or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ Digital media and advertising experience
- Travel is encouraged to advance client relationships
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.