Job ID 126652
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Finance & Accounting Special Projects Data Analytics supervisor is responsible for supporting and maintaining finance and project processes associated with mergers and acquisitions or disposal (M&A) transactions.
He/She will assist in evaluating and extracting financial data using special tools and software (e.g. Alteryx, Oracle, Financial Data Mart, Excel, Wrike, Projects, and other data tools) responding to data-related queries, setting up processes to make data analysis, record to report entry preparation, and project management more efficient, analyzing and interpreting trends from data, and reporting trends to add business value to the mergers and acquisitions accounting and financial diligence processes.
He/She may assist in accounting processes and preparation of consolidated financial analysis, reports, and journal entries using data analytics. They may also aid in the preparation and review of project budget and forecasts, including purchase order and cost analysis. He/She may review and assess data, perform variance analysis on financial information, periodically research and document accounting treatment of transactions based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), perform related accounting controls and processes, assist in disclosure requirements, and other project management organizational tasks. These tasks include working indirectly with others, cross-functionally, and team members both internally and external to UPS.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Apply problem solving and domain finance knowledge for potential insights and process simplification
- Clear writing and communication skills to various senior audiences for data analysis and exploration of new ideas
- Ability to use statistical and data relationship knowledge to create data visualization, dashboards and reports
- Assist with desktop diligence to identify and evaluate inorganic growth opportunities. Analyzes relevant data of potential target companies to understand and communicate current state of business, finance processes.
- Evaluates business plans and synergy estimates of UPS business units and potential target companies to create databooks to facilitate discussions.
- Maintains and organizes records to ensure the broader team has access to appropriate project files.
- Calculates deal-specific financial metrics to assess the appropriateness of the overall valuation.
- Assists with the creation of deal-specific executive overviews to describe the transaction and valuation fundamentals to senior management.
- Assists with the analysis of non-public information to identify and summarize material findings.
- Organizes and schedules all aspects of the remote and on-site diligence process to facilitate the analysis of the target company.
- Works with the cross-functional diligence team to ensure all areas are addressed, timelines are met, and findings are reviewed and summarized.
- Coordinates with external data room providers to ensure services are adequate for the project and users can access material.
- Updates the valuation model throughout diligence and post-diligence to track the valuation impacts of risk and synergies uncovered during the process.
- Maintains data and documents to ensure files are readily accessible for commercial, legal and retention purposes.
- Assists in the creation and monitoring of the final closing and post signing checklists to ensure all contractual closing conditions are met.
- Assists with the cross-functional coordination of transaction communications to ensure appropriate functions are involved at the proper stages and a proper hand-off to the integration team is completed.
- Coordinates the payment of invoices to ensure external advisor fees are paid according to the agreed scope of work.
- Coordinates with Tax and Treasury to ensure accurate and timely payments are made according to the language in the purchase agreements.
- Monitors release of holdback payments to ensure protection against material findings not discovered and disclosed during the due diligence process.
- Tracks earn-out or other post-closing mechanisms to satisfy incentive agreements when financial metrics are achieved by target timeframes.
- Tracks post-closing contingencies to ensure price adjustments are taken in the case of failed contingencies.
- Uses multiple information gathering techniques to gain cooperation from sources initially unwilling to provide information; varies methods of information gathering as unexpected events occur or unanticipated information is uncovered; interprets no-verbal cues that may be inhibiting information gathering; establishes procedures or methods for gathering and soliciting information.
- Assists with financial month-end close and account consolidation process to meet reporting deadlines
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts to ensure financial results accurately reflect period performance
- Provides supporting documentation and other materials to external auditors in conjunction with completion of their required audits
- Applies standard GAAP and accounting data analysis methods; makes recommendations to improve practices or procedures in compliance with GAAP
- Resolve project performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures promptly to motivate and foster teamwork
- Manages project plan to ensure completion of all required tasks and addresses project risk appropriately
- Collaborates cross-functionally, globally, in a hybrid office environment. Coordinate live and virtual meetings and working rhythms to drive project results
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of complex financial data; understands subtle implications in financial and other business data; creates new methods of financial analysis or business models and solutions; applies advanced principles and concepts in developing actions that support or define strategic direction
- Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Captures/documents specific and correct information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies proper details; maintains organized files.
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the proper level of detail.
- Recalls specific, correct information about events or conversations; develops tools, such as an issues database, for capturing details or records management processes to keep detailed documentation; transitions between abstract concepts or ideas and concrete activities or work with ease; keeps documentation that support the completion of work and retention of details/decisions.
- Able to design new report generation or data analysis processes; shows emerging trends that impact information retrieval and reporting; develops standards for report generation, maintenance, and distribution; writes queries to generate ad- hoc, customized reports; creates templates for standardized report creation; writes macros to automate queries.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Accounting, Finance – Preferred
- Experience with SEC filing and reporting – Desired
- Experience with data analysis and project management tools – Strongly Preferred
- Experience working in a Public Accounting Firm – Desired
- Experience with unique and challenging accounting projects – Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions . UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Finance & Accounting
Requisition Number: R23038200
Location: US (Remote)
Apply for the Job