Job ID 126492
Full Stack Observabilty Solutions Architect – SRE and Demo Job Description
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationRemote US, Chicago, Atlanta, Texas
Area of InterestEngineer – Pre Sales and Product Management
Compensation Range175200 USD – 225400 USD
Technology InterestNetworking, Software Development
The Demo Environment Solutions Architect for Observability is a specialized role focused on building and managing the demo environment for architects and engineers. This role works in close collaboration with the field sales, sales engineering teams, and a larger team of Solution Architects and Domain Architects. The primary responsibility is to create, maintain, and optimize demo environments that showcase the capabilities of our Observability solutions. This role acts as a technical expert in the Observability product set, with a deep understanding of development languages such as Java, .NET, Node.js, and cloud technologies like AWS and Kubernetes.
- Build, manage, and optimize demo environments for architects and engineers.
- Develop and update demo or sample applications that showcase the use cases of the Observability platforms.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Domain Architects to ensure the demo environment aligns with customer needs and technical requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in Java, .NET, Node.js, and other development languages, particularly as they relate to APM and Observability.
- Consult with sales engineers and other technical staff in the organization on demo scripting and use cases
- Provide feedback to Product Management and maintain knowledge excellence of upcoming features/roadmap, newly released components, and advanced product capabilities.
- Strong proficiency in Java, .NET, Node.js, OR other development languages, with a focus on understanding how APM and Observability apply to these languages.
- Extensive experience with AWS and other cloud providers
- Hands-on experience in managing Kubernetes.
- High technical curiosity.
- Ability to assess gaps and needs, design solutions, and proactively implement their agenda with minimal direction.
- Willingness to identify and assess areas for improvement in skills or any other area for themselves and the organization.
- Previous experience in development with Java, .NET or other languages.
- Completion of certifications in the desired focus area for Experience/Skills is beneficial.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
Apply for the Job