Job ID 127026
HSEQ Learning Specialist Job Description
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Reporting to the Director, HSEQ Systems and Performance, the HSEQ Learning Specialist is responsible for developing strategies for developing, facilitating, tracking, and evaluating of HSEQ training programs in English and French. They assess the business needs, implement training plans, facilitate, and review a variety of training programs that ensure employer due diligence and enhance the effectiveness of the workforce.
The HSEQ Learning Specialist performs the following duties:
- Responsible for the overall management and leadership of HSEQ Training, in support of the Dexterra Group HSEQ direction.
- Analyze the tools and training that the workforce as a whole needs to allow the organization to move forward towards becoming a Learning Organization.
- Guide Operations on HSEQ compliance training and ensure that Operations has tools to demonstrate training compliance.
- Compile information regarding external training providers.
- Facilitate HSEQ training as required. Provide Train the Trainer sessions for the HSEQ team.
- Ensure that training within area of expertise meets current regulatory and/or Dexterra policy requirements.
- Create course curriculums and training plans that meets Dexterra training standards. (Subject to review by Operations and HSE Manager). This may include developing in house webinars or development of eLearning.
- Create HSEQ moments for the monthly Team Talk.
- Manage the HSEQ portion of the onboarding and orientation process for new employees.
- Create and provide training on the Learning Management System and ensure compliance within the system.
- Train Operations on tracking employee certification.
- Coordinate Safety Campaign and other messaging with Corporate Communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bilingual in English and French.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience leading cross-functional teams as an LMS administrator.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in project-management with cross-functional teams.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Instructional Design with development of eLearning is preferred, using Articulate or similar content authoring software, working in English and French.
- Experience with managing Voice Over production in English and French.
- Knowledge of current occupational health and safety regulations, standards, and guidelines in Canada.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be flexible to travel.
- Perferred work location – Calgary or Toronto