Job ID 124733
350 E New York Ave, Deland, Florida, 33334-4806, United States of America
We’re on a mission to revolutionize kidney care, with a vision of making integrated care the standard of care for all renal patients. To help us achieve our vision our Medical Office Assistants, along with other team members, are investing extensively in developing both our model of care and our team.
When you join DaVita IKC as a Medical Office Assistant, you’re joining a compassionate team committed to quality patient care. Through our commitment to training, growth, and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
The Medical Office Assistant will coordinate with providers and Integrated Care Nurses to provide ongoing support and communication to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients. The Medical Office Assistant acts as a single point of contact to coordinate resources for DaVita IKC patients.
- LOCATION: Hybrid, remote & in-clinic – MUST be located in DELAND / DAYTONA BEACH, FL, and willing to travel within both regions.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Medical Office Assistant performs outbound calls and responds to inbound calls from members, providers, and Village resources. Under the guidance of the Manager, completes non-clinical pathways & screenings; escalates to Integrated Care Nurse as needed.
- Helps identify eligible resources for members and works with Integrated Care Nurses, dialysis clinics, health plans, and other stakeholders to help members enroll in eligible programs
- Assists with the referral process & coordinates provider appointments on behalf of DaVita IKC members
Qualifications for the Medical Office Assistant:
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- At least 2 years of experience in a professional office environment
- High School Diploma
- Patient Care Technician or Administrative Assistant experience in dialysis preferred
- Medical Experience preferred
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates, and the Medical Office Assistant, to what matters most. Medical Office Assistants are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits