Job ID 125873
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The ISR role is an entry-level Sales position responsible for retaining and growing UPS’s Small Package business. Primary responsibilities include conducting Sales calls to address customer needs, selling additional products and services, and following up on leads. In addition to building relationships with key decision makers and serving as a customer advocate, the ISR also researches the competitive environment and uses product knowledge to generate solutions that meet the customer’s needs and business objectives. Pre-call duties include using automated Sales tools to perform research into customers’ businesses, as well as account information to develop appropriate selling and pricing strategies. The ISR also creates contracts, monitors contractual compliance, and answers customer questions. Selected candidate must be flexible to work in the time zone based on the territory assigned. It also requires successful completion of the UPS Sales Academy, which is a comprehensive training program that will be delivered via a virtual format. This position will be remote for up to 12 months. Within 12 months, it’s intended the candidate transition into an Account Executive role, which may result in relocation to support open Sales territories.
• Responds to and resolves customer inquiries, complaints, and issues
• Coordinates opportunities and strategies with other team members
• Maintains knowledge of UPS products and services to develop appropriate Sales solutions
• Reviews customer shipping practices to ensure contractual compliance
• Determines customer discounts and writes new contracts
• Educates customers on UPS’s service channels to expedite problem resolution • Provides compelling value proposals to potential and existing customers
Knowledge and Skills
• Analyzes and evaluates financial data and trends to determine impact on customer and company objectives
• Understands customer business models, operating structures, strategic objectives, and offers logistic Sales solutions
• Solicits information from customers through a variety of questioning and probing techniques
• Understands features and business applications of products, services, and customer-facing technology offerings, and solutions
• Assesses, identifies, measures, and monitors customers’ business needs, and aligns account strategies to maximize profitability and meet strategic goals
• Conducts competitive analysis of competitors’ offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
• Creates and develops effective strategies to manage accounts • Experience using Microsoft Office products or equivalent software
• Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
• UPS and/or business-to-business or business-to-consumer Sales experience – Preferred • Fluent in more than one language – Preferred
• Must be flexible to work any of the following time zones based on territory assigned: Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern
Experience using Microsoft Office products or equivalent software
Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent – Preferred
UPS and/or business-to-business or business-to-consumer sales experience – Preferred
*Pay Range $19.90+ depending on experience.
*This role is eligible to participate in the Sales Incentive Program (SIP), with an annual target award of $14,340. This bonus is paid out quarterly.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions . UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Business Development
Requisition Number: R23037763
Location: US (Remote)