Job ID 124929
Are you passionate about being part of a team that delivers extraordinary care to help individuals and businesses prepare for and protect their retirement? If so, then Nationwide Financial could be the place for you!
FINRA Series 6, 63, and 65 are required within 120 days of employment.
State Life & Health license required within 120 days of employment.
Job Description Summary
At the heart of our work with retirement plans for high-profile organizations is the desire to help individuals retire successfully. Remote Nationwide Internal Retirement Specialist Work from Home. Multiple decision-makers are engaged in plan selection, enhancements, and retention, requiring teamwork, strategic thinking, and superior relationship management on various levels. If you can collaborate, connect, and communicate to build, grow, and retain important and productive business relationships, we want to know more about you!
As an Internal Retirement Specialist, you’ll provide retirement plan expertise to participants. You’ll act as a consultant to provide specific education and advice based on the individual participant’s unique needs.
- Receives inbound calls from participants and provides education and guidance regarding their retirement plans. Uses plan-specific and industry expertise to provide information specific to the participant’s individual retirement plan.
- Initiates calls to targeted participants to discuss contribution levels and encourage appropriate increases in deferrals to support retirement goals.
- Completes account reviews as requested by participants to analyze individual risk assessments and advise on asset allocation options based on individual results. May offer additional services, e.g., ProAccount for those individuals who prefer automatic account management.
- Calculates retirement projections for participants as requested and provides counsel on results.
- Provides education to participants to understand individual retirement distributions, transfers or consolidation needs.
- Builds strategic relationships with field Retirement Specialists and Program Directors through advising and consulting, in support of business unit sales goals.
- Acts as a consultant providing retirement plan expertise, recommendations, and practice management advice to field Retirement Specialists and Program Directors within assigned territory(s).
- Applies knowledge of industry trends, competitive intelligence, state legislation, market movements and investment changes/performance to advise and consult with the field Retirement Specialists and Program Directors.
May Perform Other Responsibilities As Assigned.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Manager and does not have direct reports.
Typical Skills And Experiences
Education: Undergraduate studies business, finance, communications, marketing or related field preferred.
License/Certification/Designation: FINRA Series 6, 63, and 65 licenses, Life and Health licenses are required. Associates must acquire the required federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails to acquire the required licenses/registrations within the designated time period, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in a relationship/sales-driven position. Experience in a sales call center environment is preferred, as well as a financial services background.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills: In-depth knowledge of insurance and financial products. Knowledge of defined contribution plans is preferred. Must have a drive for results, ability for relationship building, and positive outlook. Proven consultative selling/advising skills and ability to follow processes. Strong time management/organization skills, receptive to coaching, and customer-focused. Ability to balance multiple priorities with excellent communication skills.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies, and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the Associate Vice President of the area and the HR Vice President.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Not eligible)
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, and paid time off with newly hired associates receiving a minimum of 18 days paid time off each full calendar year pro-rated quarterly based on hire date, nine paid holidays, 8 hours of Lifetime paid time off, 8 hours of Unity Day paid time off, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more. To learn more about the benefits we offer, click here.
Nationwide is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.
Smoke-Free Iowa Statement: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries comply with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas on or around company premises as well as company-issued vehicles. The company offers designated smoking areas in which smoking is permitted at each individual location. The Act prohibits retaliation for reporting complaints or violations. For more information on the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, individuals may contact the Smokefree Air Act Helpline at 888-944-2247.
For NY residents please review the following state law information: Notice of Employee Rights, Protections, and Obligations LS740 (ny.gov) https://dol.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/02/ls740_1.pdf
Nationwide pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement within the actual starting salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity, and location of the role as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. If a Sales job, Sales Incentives, based on performance goals are possible in addition to this range.
The national salary range for Internal Retirement Specialist: 43,000.00-89,000.00
The expected starting salary range for Internal Retirement Specialist: 48,000.00 – 72,000.00