Job ID 126924
IT Manager, Data Engineering Job Description
As an IT Manager, Data Engineering, you will lead a team of analysts and data engineering to deliver new functionality on the data warehouse and analytics data platforms. The Manager, Data Engineering will lead a team with a wide range of technical skills which include ETL tools, Python and Big Data, Cloud Data Engineering like HIVE, Spark, BigQuery, Snowflake and data analysis and modeling skills (SQL, ERwin). You will guide the team in understanding the business use cases and help design core data as a service. This role will manage priorities, budgets, staffing and skill development within the team.
As an IT Manager, Data Engineering, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting team members in interpreting scope, estimating impact/work and approving the estimates for distribution
- Managing team assignments by assessing subject area knowledge, individual capacity, and project demands
- Managing a team of 5-7 FTE and 5-15 vendor resources (with frequent growth / mix changes)
- Responsible for migrating data existing warehouse to new platforms
- Responsible for defining and strategizing the core data products roadmap for business domains (ex: Marketing, Digital Sales, Call center Operations etc)
- Working closely with cross functional team in IT and business analytics partner to ensure the expectation are met and acting as a strong liaison between business and data engineering to resolve issues
- Advising on technical decisions including architecture approach, solution design and detailed troubleshooting
- Providing up-to-date resourcing and spending plans to properly manage the portfolio in terms of staffing and finances.
- Building a deep understanding in modern data platform capabilities
- Ensuring projects are progressing according to plan by resolving issues or obstacles.
- Enforcing adherence to the team’s SDLC and assisting in process improvements while contributing to the team’s adoption of Agile Methods (Scrum &/or Kanban)
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science followed by 8+ years of progressive experience in designing, developing and deploying Data warehouse and Big Data solutions
- 7+ years of experience managing diverse teams with at least 4 direct reports
- 5+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and Information Management
- 5+ years of experience designing, build and support real time and batch data pipeline and analytical solutions with Hadoop (Hive, Kafka, Spark, Spark Streaming, Hbase, ) and Teradata, ETL tools like Informatica , Talend, Data Fusion
- 1+ year of experience on delivering data solutions on cloud platform (GCP or Azure)
Apply for the Job