Job ID 126028
This is a full time remote position in the United States.
Mayo Clinic is seeking a Software Engineer to design and build back-end services that support our portfolio of data-centric clinical and analytic applications. These applications leverage cloud computing, big data, mobile, data science, data warehousing, machine learning using state of the art software development applications and frameworks. Our Software Engineers ensures that these cloud-based micro-services adhere to uptime and accuracy targets, are resilient, and scale as data volumes and traffic increase. They work closely with the data engineering, platform, and solutions teams to develop applications as required to benefit our practice and patients.
Works closely with the Product Owners, Product Managers, Architects to translate requirements into code. Developing services around data warehousing, big data, cloud computing, business intelligence, analytics and machine learning. Participate in DevOps, Agile, continuous development and integration frameworks. Programming in high-level languages such as Go, Python, Java etc. Work on deployment automation/configuration management with tools including but not limited to ADO, Puppet, Chef or Ansible or Azure Pipelines, CloudFormation, Terraform following a DevOps model. Ensure all appropriate documentation of processes and source code is created and maintained. Communicate effectively with peers, leaders, and customers throughout the organization. Participate in expert level troubleshooting and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data and system investigation. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field; Or an Associates’ degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field with an additional 2 years of experience as described below.
- Have working knowledge and experience of Software Engineering with a minimum of internships and a minimum of 1 yr. of experience, or 2yrs of experience coding applications or services in a high-level language (C, C++, Golang, Java, C# etc.).
- Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude for designing and implementing software solutions.
- Experience with modern application development frameworks
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Agile software development techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud-based services
- Experience with Google and Azure cloud environments
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Experience with building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience developing software for healthcare related industries
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst/developer
- 2+ years experience in Angular
- Enjoys working in an innovative environment and collaborating with other teams to develop high-quality and high-performing clinical applications. Must be able to show experience developing creative software solutions from requirements documentation
- Works well in a team environment using Agile methodologies
- Experience identifying project requirements from end-users and their leadership
Authorization to work and remain in the United States, without necessity for Mayo Clinic sponsorship now, or in the future (for example, be a U.S. Citizen, national, or permanent resident, refugee, or asylee). Also, Mayo Clinic does not participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program.
$90,937.60 – $133,681.60 / year
Monday – Friday; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
- Information Technology
Location: US (Remote)