Job ID 126621
Lead Continuous Improvement Specialist Job Description
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This role has overall responsibility to provide leadership, vision, coordination, and functional direction to the Supply Chain Centers (SCC) by utilizing problem solving and lean methodologies, as well as data analysis to drive out waste and improve productivity. The role will support 1 of the 4 North American regions on their Operational Excellence journey to reach Continuous Improvement (CI) goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(30%) Support the rollout of Dominos strategic initiatives
- Proficient in data analysis: PowerBi, SQL, SAP, Access Data Base, and other systems as needed
- Champion data integrity to drive accuracy of KPI visualization
- Coach SCC leadership team on new processes to drive Dominos CI cultural change
- Provide support to ensure fundamental processes are in place prior to launch of new initiatives. Including production, warehouse productivity improvement and service to customer (internal and external)
- Develop and facilitate ongoing cadence to create a culture of operational excellence
(30%) Development and delivery in key functional areas. Facilitate the strategy deployment process within the SCCs to support the overall 5 Year Business Plan for Supply Chain Services (SCS)
- Partner with SCC Senior Leadership to support strategy deployment process within the SCC
- Champion Dominos problem solving processes within the center leadership to develop, coach and engage all team members
- Implements improvement tools to support the 5 Year Business Plan
- Facilitates the development, introduction and tracking of standard work within the Supply Chain Centers (all departments)
(20%) Utilize lean tools within Supply Chain to improve identified areas of opportunity
- Introduction of tools and processes to support the 5 Year Transformation and Operational Excellence Vision and Strategy
- Facilitate focus improvement events within the SCC
- Identify and ensure existing activities are interlinked to provide a coherent framework to the 5 Year Plan
(20%) Communication, Performance Measurement and Systems
- Provide mechanism to track and report scorecard of Operational Excellence transformation measures and effectively communicate results, provide suggestions where improvements are identified
- Represent CI at SCC Regional Meetings to ensure standardization across sites
- Supports OPEX/ CI transformation: implementing and sustaining unified processes throughout the SCCs by coaching and accountability
- 5-7 years of manufacturing/operations/ engineering leadership with an organization known for its best-in-class operations. Expertise across a broad spectrum of products, end markets, business cycles and manufacturing processes and disciplines. Food manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Proficient at data analysis: SAP and SQL experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess and make clear recommendations for improvement. Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong problem solving skills and improvement methodologies. Understands the concepts and demonstrated ability to implement and drive results
- Strong financial acumen, especially around productivity and cost leverage
- Strong team building and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence and stature to work across multiple functions
- Demonstrated broad and deep understanding of manufacturing and supply chain challenges that occur within multi-site distributed environments and related best-practice solutions.
- Strong, effective communicator – facilitation, written and verbal
- Ability to travel to Canada. Travel requirements is up to 50%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply for the Job