Job ID 126228
This is a full time remote position within the United States.
The General Systems Support unit is looking for a Lead Analyst/Programmer to join our team supporting out Occupational Systems team. This team supports Employee Occupational Health, Recovery Claims Services, and Occupational Safety through the development and support of custom software solutions.
This position would provide leadership to the team and would serve as a contact between IT and our customers.
Core responsibilities of this position include:
- Relationship management with customer contacts.
- Organizing/leading development efforts with the engineering team.
- Joining the unit leadership team where unit-wide concerns are addressed.
- Performing the role of Product Owner for products within the team’s portfolio.
- Serving as agile lead/coach to members of the team.
- Accountable for project results and goals set by senior Mayo leadership and provides updates to IT leaders on long-term goal attainment.
- Directly oversees the activities of the members of the team assigned to the development and maintenance of software-based systems in the supported areas.
- Provides leadership for the design or selection of solutions, creates and/or implements cross-functional project teams (intact or virtual), and brings together the hardware, software, and personnel responsibilities for implementing solutions to support a customer area.
- Develops proposals that consider alternatives and business case, and gains needed institutional approvals utilizing strong understanding of financial concepts, business processes, continuous improvement, and organizational development.
- Works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- Partners with customers to understand their business needs and insure the activities of the team meet their needs.
- Assists the Unit Head in personnel management and supervises staff on projects and assumes supervisory responsibilities for Unit/Division staff as assigned.
- Manages projects requiring substantial inter-organizational and intra-organizational coordination.
- Understands project management methodology and works effectively with Project Managers and the project management offices where appropriate.
- Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership.
- May serve on institutional committees as member, assistant secretary, or secretary.
- May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Mayo Clinic will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position including F1 OPT STEM.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience including 3 years’ of demonstrated leadership experience;
Or, Associates degree and 9 years’ experience including 3 years’ demonstrated leadership experience.Evidence of strong communication, organization, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including conflict resolution. Demonstrated history of continuing education in personnel and administrative processes. Experience with committee and consensus driven organizations. Some experience with personnel management, resource allocation, coaching and mentoring.
Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications. Masters degree in applicable field preferred.
$105,269 – $147,389 / year
Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM CST with Flex time options. Position does require some limited 24/7 on-call duties.
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
- Information Technology
Location: US (Remote)
Apply for the Job