Job ID 125982
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position manages and advocates for various data science teams on best practices around the development and implementation of advance analytic systems and predictive and prescriptive models. This position manages the daily activities of the team responsible for identifying business trends and problems through big data analysis. This position oversees the interpretation of results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining. This position manages and works with a team of data scientists, data analysts, data engineers, machine learning engineers, business and data domain owners, application developers and architects in the creation and delivery of insights from large and disparate data to empower confidence in business decisions. This position manages the evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies that support the use of statistical modeling, machine learning, distributed computing, and run time performance tuning with the goal of deploying optimal processes and introducing new products and services to the market.
• Manages and oversees the Data Analysts, Data Scientist team, Machine Learning Engineers and Big Data Specialists in the implementation of models and systems that provide optimal results as well as scale and evolve the solutions to meet future business needs.
• Maintains broad understanding of implementation, integration, and inter-connectivity issues with emerging technologies to define and manage strategies that support the creation, development and delivery of analytic solutions that meet business needs.
• Manages, plans, and champions the execution of broad advanced analytics initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders.
• Plans, develops, and prototypes algorithms to ensure analytic results satisfy problem statements and business needs.
• Leads the evaluation and analysis of large-scale datasets to discover insights to support the build of analytic systems and predictive models as well as experiment with new and emerging models and techniques.
• Identifies and evaluates emerging/cutting edge open source, data science/machine learning libraries, data platforms, and vendor solutions to support the conception, planning, and prioritization of data projects across the enterprise.
• Provides thought leadership, technical guidance, and counsel for data science project teams to evaluate strategic alternatives, determine impact, recommend courses of action, and design and implement solutions.
• Champions best practices for adoption of Cloud-AI technologies, opensource software, machine learning libraries/packages, and data science platforms to derive useful information and insights that empower business decisions.
• Serves as a management liaison for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy while communicating with stakeholders to keep the project aligned with goals.
• Communicates verbally and in writing to business customers and senior leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, and educates them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations that can inform business strategies.
• Adapts available Cloud-AI technologies and machine learning frameworks with or without the use of enterprise data science platforms.
• Ability to engage key business and executive-level stakeholders to translate business problems to high level analytics solution approach.
• Experience in management of business processes, data, and advanced analytics capabilities to scope problems, data and model requirements, and proven predictive and prescriptive techniques.
• Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets to create machine learning, predictive, forecasting, and/or optimization models.
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
• Expertise in data management pipelines involving data extraction, analysis and transformation using either data querying languages (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, BQ), or scripting languages (e.g., Python, R) and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g., R, Matlab, SAS)
• Experience in developing analytical solutions that empowers business decisions and product creation using various set of techniques (e.g., Supervised, Unsupervised, Deep Learning, NLP)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams as well as business audiences.
• Ability to communicate data through a story framework to convey data-driven results to technical and non-technical audience.
• Proven ability to convey rigorous technical concepts and considerations to non-experts, and strong analytical skills, attention to detail.
• Master’s Degree in a quantitative field of mathematics, computer science, physics, economics, engineering, statistics (operations research, quantitative social science, etc.), international equivalent, or equivalent job experience.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions . UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Info Services Management
Requisition Number: R23030614
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Location: US (Remote)