Job ID 125604
Kaiser Permanente Nursing Jobs – Nurse Practitioner
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the assessment of selected patients in the designated service. The NP performs physical examinations, confers with patients in person and by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The NP reports to the Chief of the designated service and to the Department Manager.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age-appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Kaiser Permanente Nursing Jobs – Nurse Practitioner
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested. Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum six 6 months experience as a nurse practitioner.
- Minimum one (1) year (within the past three (3) years) experience as a NP providing care for adults (>18 years of age), including preventive care and follow-up for patients with chronic health care problems.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permanente employee who was grandfathered in prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008)
- Completion of a Masters Program in Adult NP, Family Practice NP, Acute Care NP or Geriatric NP required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate (California)
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number (California)
- Basic Life Support
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Nurse Practitioner National Certificate
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (Masters Degree in Nursing and National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; American Credentialing Center; National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties; National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses.)
- Candidates must meet requirements to apply for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number) at the time of hire and apply within 30 days of hire
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Primary Location: California,San Leandro,San Leandro Medical CenterScheduled Weekly Hours: 32Shift: DayWorkdays: Week 1: Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat; Week 2: Sun, Mon, Wed, ThuWorking Hours Start: 09:00 AMWorking Hours End: 05:30 PMJob Schedule: Part-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: A10|NNU|California Nurse’s AssociationJob Level: Individual ContributorSpecialty: Nurse PractitionerDepartment: San Leandro Hospital – Adult Primary Care-Unit A – 0206Pay Range: $91.72 – $108.95 / hourThe ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted.Travel: NoAt Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.