Job ID 124684
Enterprise Technology plays a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are. Software Engineer Principal.
We are a seeking a Principal Software Engineer to play a key role in designing and developing ford.com applications. The ideal candidate should thrive on new technical challenges and innovate our products, technology stack and development processes. The ideal candidate should have experience in working in a Lean/Agile team and be focused on delivering value and delighting customers.
What you’ll do:
- Provide strong technical leadership to a team of software engineers, guiding and mentoring them to achieve technical excellence. Set technical direction, define best practices, and ensure adherence to coding standards and software development methodologies,
- Lead the resolution of complex technical issues, providing guidance and support to the development team. Identify root causes, propose solutions, and drive problem resolution in a timely manner,
- Communicate effectively on technical aspects and provide regular updates on project progress,
- Work closely with Software Developers / QA Engineers and the business to build outstanding products,
- Design and develop scalable, robust, secure, enterprise web applications
- Provide technical leadership in getting new ideas into production efficiently.
- Enhance tools and processes to improve product design/development; and
- Develop a deep understanding of product functionality and how it relates to business goals and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years industry experience. 2+ years in a similar role
- Full stack experience in developing web applications with Adobe Experience Manager, React, JS Script
- Strong knowledge of Java/J2EE, Junit/TestNG, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
- Strong experience with Cloud technologies / development / deployment
- Should have good knowledge of Java internals, performance tuning, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing TDD/BDD
- Experience coaching and mentoring software engineers
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.