Job ID 126705
Product Manager, Marketing Tools Job Description
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Square Customer Engagement team is focused on building the tools that help Square sellers acquire and retain their customers and drive more sales. Consumers have more choice than ever before on where, when, and how to shop, and have come to expect convenience, choice and control. Sellers are hustling to differentiate themselves and compete for these customers, but don’t always have the time, tools, or know-how to deliver on this in a meaningful way. Every part of the customer experience deeply matters, and having the ability to deliver cohesive, personalized experiences across all channels and touchpoints is key to our sellers’ success. That’s where the Customer Engagement team comes in – we’ve launched popular products like Square Loyalty, Square Marketing, Square Gift Cards and Square House Accounts to help sellers of all types and sizes in this journey, and we’re just getting started.
As a Product Manager for Square Marketing, you will build products that help businesses re-engage their customers and keep them coming back in to purchase again. By delivering best in class tools that help sellers create and send effective and seamless email and SMS marketing campaigns, you will help sellers build a thriving business. You will identify and deliver the projects, features, and products that can have the largest impact on our existing and potential customers. You’ll work with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to address high-impact seller problems, partnering with other teams within Square. You will leverage and deploy AI in the Marketing tools to reduce the time it takes for sellers to run their marketing programs and help them get better outcomes from these programs.
- Manage the roadmap for the Square Marketing product.
- Direct and utilize user research, data analysis, and qualitative feedback to identify high-priority seller and business opportunity areas to improve.
- Advocate for the right seller experience in areas that have an impact across multiple products and drive alignment on strategies with other stakeholder teams at Square.
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects, including leading the roadmap and goals for your area.
- Determine features, write product specs, and organize user studies.
- Guide the creation of platform capabilities that are delightful, scalable, reliable, and remarkable while anticipating non-obvious risks and resolving complex issues.
- Work with engineering, design, and data to foster positive team dynamics.
- 5+ years of experience with directly building products as a Product Manager.
- Excitement and interest in serving small business owners by meeting their needs around managing their teams and improving their operations
- Experience developing product strategies and breaking them down into clearly scoped roadmaps and requirements.
- Ability to understand technical systems and how they operate, not necessarily in an engineering capacity, but enough to spot potential issues and make trade-off decisions.
- Experience testing and launching products at scale and have worked within complex systems with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create clarity from ambiguity and distill complex issues into easy-to-understand narratives.
- Demonstrated excellence in using principled decision-making to manage diverse stakeholders, including peers and executive leadership.
- Bonus if you’ve worked on B2B SaaS products or marketplaces.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 – USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 – USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 – USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 – USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Apply for the Job