Job ID 125079
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square.
After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Square Omnichannel team is on a mission to help sellers successfully expand their business into omnichannel sales. We are building the tools to help our sellers sell across stores, marketplaces, ecommerce sites, and anywhere else they need to grow their business. As part of omnichannel selling, we are also building the tools needed to have a common product catalog across all of their sales channels, have shared inventory across all of their sales channels, and fulfill these new omnichannel orders in any way their buyers want from guaranteed two day shipping to curbside pickup to on-demand delivery.
As a Product Manager on the Omnichannel team, you will impact millions of small businesses that are expanding their sales online and help them transition to successful omnichannel businesses. You will need to be both customer obsessed and data driven, digging deeply into understanding our sellers, their needs, and their behavior. You will lead a team to move quickly and deliver remarkable solutions to sellers. If you’re looking to change the way small businesses operate and drive impact at a high-growth company, you will find this role compelling and rewarding.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of optimizing customer experience, coordinating and executing complex projects, working closely with multiple stakeholders, and leading fast paced and cross functional teams. This position requires strategic thinking, a strong ownership mentality, compelling communication, and methodical execution. We’re looking for someone passionate about making customers successful and achieving our business and strategic goals.
You will report the product lead for Omnichannel Catalog and will lead product for a core team focused on our sellers’ and developers’ experience of the Square Catalog as you partner with engineering, design, analytics, and other teams across Square to release remarkable seller experiences.
- Deeply understand our customers and their needs, and guide our world-class team to ship remarkable solutions
- Expertly and openly collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners and stakeholders throughout Square
- Define product strategy and optimize our customers’ experience using a variety of inputs, and clearly articulate rationale and data behind decisions
- Identify opportunities for Square and our customers, propose and evaluate initiatives that will be most impactful, promote them across the organization, and execute these initiatives from ideation through release
- In collaboration with engineering, marketing, and analytics partners, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Serve as the point person for your product area to leadership and across the organization
- 5+ years of product management or relevant experience
- Vision: You’ve formed, gained buy-in, and driven key strategies shaping the direction of your team
- A collaborative approach: Experience driving alignment and delivering results with cross-functional partners in a complex organization
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Results: You’re excellent tactically, with a proven track record of shipping simple, elegant products at scale
- Analytical skills: Comfortable working with data and models to understand current performance, model out growth opportunities, and apply data to your decisions
- Great relationship-building skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer, cross-functional partner, or engaging a diverse audience and optimizing for impact
- Ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the complexity communicating your strategy to partners, product managers, engineers, and designers.
- You can readily communicate technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Natural curiosity and growth mindset, obsession with the details
- Self-starter and track record of delivering results across the finish line
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 – USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 – USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 – USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 – USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.