Job ID 124450
Careers that Change Lives
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader —that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
A Day in the Life
The Medical Surgical operating unit of Medtronic seeks an accomplished Project Management Specialist to support projects for the Growth Marketing organization. This position drives operational excellence to monitor effectiveness, enhance decision-making, and improve performance. The Project Management Specialist is the central communications hub for our core team members and agency partners to ensure successful execution of efforts – on time, on budget and at the quality promised. Utilizing strong project management skills, this role drives the successful orchestration of a communications campaign and ensures the development of all integrated marketing communication materials.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Working within a matrix environment, act as communications hub between all cross functional Core Team members and agency partners assigned to the campaign.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of marketing communication projects through all stages to ensure collateral is produced in timely, accurate and effective manner.
- Is responsible for workflow process, ensuring consistency and standardization within Workfront.
- Routinely evaluate timeline trends to inform future schedules and estimates.
- Monitors and manages financials associated with assigned projects and/or businesses.
- Mitigates issues that will affect the scope, schedule, budget or quality of the end product.
- Utilize Workfront and adhere to processes for opening jobs, building/updating schedules, obtaining approvals, status/metrics tracking & reporting, and documentation.
- Works closely with internal and external creative team(s) on development and production of all content.
- Ensures adherence to applicable Corporate and Divisional policies/procedures in accordance with Medtronic brand standards.
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills by attending internal/external training, conferences and researching industry practices.
- Ensures compliance per company standards.
Desired Skills and Experience
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the communications field, in either a corporate or agency environment, or advanced degree with in lieu of relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a Project Management position
- Familiarity with project management principles
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Experience executing campaign strategies and campaign plans
- Experience using Workfront
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
A commitment to our employees lives at the core of our values. We recognize their contributions. They share in the success they help to create. We offer a wide range of benefits, resources, and competitive compensation plans designed to support you at every career and life stage. Learn more about our benefits here.
This position is eligible for a short-term incentive plan. Learn more about Medtronic Incentive Plan (MIP) here.
The base salary range is applicable across the United States, excluding Puerto Rico and specific locations in California. The offered rate complies with federal and local regulations and may vary based on factors such as experience, certification/education, market conditions, and location. Compensation and benefits information pertains solely to candidates hired within the United States (local market compensation and benefits will apply for others).