Job ID 124777
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
Creates, validates, tests, documents, implements, and/or oversees usage of complex statistical models. The models may cover a variety of products or services, however, all models are used as part of the financial decision-making process. Specific results focus on documenting the creation and/or testing of advanced statistical models and communicating such models to stakeholders within the Bank. Deliverables include the creation of model development and/or validation documentation such as: presentations, written reports, model or reporting code documentation, business requirements, monitoring reports and related code, and procedures.
Quantitative Model Analyst 4 – Transaction and Item Fraud Strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, and eight or more years of relevant experience
- MA/MS in a quantitative field, and five or more years of related experience
- PhD in a quantitative field, and four or more years of related experience
- Requires proficiency in machine learning techniques and frameworks for fraud detection including but not limited to logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, SVM, gradient boosting, and neural networks using Python or similar coding language
- Advanced experience coding in various languages (SQL, R, Python, SAS, etc.) to explore and perform analytical analysis on large, disparate and complex data
- Provide support to development team in implementing models for production-level reliability
- Extensive knowledge of various regression techniques, parametric and non-parametric algorithms, times series techniques, and other statistical models, various model validation tests/methodologies, using Python or similar statistical package
- Thorough knowledge of the quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, competition risks, and risk management approaches
- In-depth understanding of fraud, strategic planning, and banking operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank systems, banking documents, and financial products including credit cards, ACH transactions, wires, checks and other electronic transfers.
- Demonstrated independence, teamwork and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulatory rules, guidance, or supervisory letters
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, negotiation, and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: This role can be remote in the U.S.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That’s why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Basic term and optional term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Pregnancy disability and parental leave
- 401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
- Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
- Adoption assistance
- Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $112,880.00 – $132,800.00 – $146,080.00
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.