Job ID 124776
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Reg Tech Manager, Internal Audit
Job Description Summary:
The position will report directly to the Global Head of Technology Audit at PayPal. The position will be responsible for supporting the Global Technology Internal Audit Plan with a focus on regulatory technology (regtech) topics.
Job Description Summary:
- Execution of the global technology internal audit plan including support of compliance, privacy, and regulatory reviews.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to regulatory and technology risks in accordance with our audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
- Contributing to risk assessment / business monitoring and the overall implementation of group audit methodology.
- Identifying regulatory technology risks and acting as business partner to Technology and compliance teams.
- Managing risk assessment / business monitoring and the overall implementation of group audit methodology.
- Managing audit assignments, writing audit issues and reports, socializing with management, soliciting feedback, facilitating issue tracking, and validating closure of issues.
- Pro-actively developing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, the business, and respective support areas and work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
- Completing all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special investigations. Developing and maintaining broad technology regulatory experience.
- Keeping current on business/industry changes and their effect on the business, audit plan/approach, and risk assessments.
- Providing coaching, mentoring, and direct people leadership to less experienced teammates
- Participating in covering audits of PayPal’s other non-US legal entities.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 6 to 10 years of External Audit, Internal Audit, or Regulatory Technology Management experience within a large and high growth company that provides financial products and services or technology, and proven experience in evaluating internal controls.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Excellent experience in evaluating controls across multiple jurisdictions in a global organization.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills to build internal networks within the team and wider firm, and the ability to clearly articulate business risks and controls at the senior management level.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Proactive approach in managing engagements and seeking ways to add value.
- A team player with excellent time and project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time.
- Design audit test programs to evaluate the adequacy of system and manual controls.
- Have excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to see the big picture, analyze risks, and make recommendations for improvements to mitigate those risks.
- A passion for understanding the unique PayPal community, along with a passion for understanding the online payments business.
- Ability to travel frequently, up to 15% of time.
- Execute a range of internal audit projects from the planning and execution through reporting
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with client at all levels from management through to Executives, Audit Committees, and Boards.
- Identify and deliver on value added services to the client.
- Provide clients with strategic and operational solutions to their needs.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- “Big 4” Public Accounting, Financial Services, or RegTech Experience
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $82500 to $187990
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0104998