Job ID 126169
vnsny Nursing Jobs – Registered Nurse, Home Care, RN
Provides high quality comprehensive nursing care to meet the needs of the patient/client and manages/coordinates the delivery of cost effective multidisciplinary health care services for a caseload of patients/clients consistent with VNS Health philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing Practice. Works under moderate supervision. For Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) only: Provides health education, social support and community linkages to meet the needs of pregnant and postpartum, first-time mothers and their infants. Also responsible for adhering to NFP national guidelines.
As part of VNS Health’s CHHA Team, Staff RNs render care to short-term rehab patients in the home setting. With the support of the field team–including RNs, LPNs, supervisors, and other providers in the collaborative care team–RNs meet patients in their most comfortable setting to provide quality, comfort-based care and education.
Some of what this role offers:
- 5 day/8 hour day shift
- Sign-on bonus of $12,000
- Excellent benefits
- Unionized position
- Opportunity to interface with patients and families in the comfort of their own home and provide holistic, person-focused care
- Ample opportunities for professional growth, including educational opportunities and room for promotion and lateral movement
- Supportive, inclusive company culture
- vnsny Nursing Jobs – Registered Nurse, Home Care, RN
- Render care in accordance with VNS policy, goals, objectives, philosophy, and Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Direct, hands-on patient care, including: wound care; management of IV’s and catheters; administration of medications
- Case management responsibilities, including: scheduling; assessments; assessments; referrals; documentation.
- Assess physical, psychological, and social needs of patients and environmental conditions in order to develop an effective plan of care
- Travel to patients’ homes to render care
- All types of patient visits, including start of care and revisits
- Report to regional leadership
- Participation in regional team activities, including “buddying” with selected staff during orientation and providing feedback on performance
- Documents content and process of all services provided in accordance with government regulations/requirements,and VNS Health policies, practices, and procedures. Initiates and maintains written (including clinical and progress notes) and verbal communications with team members and management to assure optimal patient/client care
Licenses and Certifications:
- License and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State Required
- Valid NYS driver’s license or NYS Non-Driver photo ID card, may be required as determined by operational/regional needs.
- Degree in Nursing from an approved program required
- Minimum of one year of experience in a medical/surgical environment required
$97,100.00 – $122,490.00 Annual