Job ID 122300
This posting has been created to pipeline talent for prospective roles that we anticipate will be needed soon in our organization. By applying to this Pipeline Advertisement, you will be submitting your interest to be contacted for similar roles to what is described in the Pipeline Advertisement.
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director, Global Labeling to join our Global Labeling Therapeutic Area. The purpose of this group is to drive labeling strategy and ensure high-quality and compliant labeling documents, which provide the safe and effective use of products for patients and healthcare providers globally.
Bring Energy, Knowledge, Innovation, And Carry Out The Following
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing Core Labeling for assigned products in line with internal standards and guidelines
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing US Labeling for assigned products in line with regulatory and internal standards and guidelines
- Assisting with developing and maintaining Local Labeling for assigned products
- Providing labeling expertise and guidance to teams while ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines
- Serving as regulatory labeling point of contact on global Regulatory Affairs sub-teams to ensure delivery of labeling documents that meet quality and compliance standards and regulatory labeling standards to support timely regulatory submissions for assigned products
- Leading cross-functional teams to develop, review, and approve Core and Local Labeling documents
- Providing information to Global Labeling Compliance, as needed, to support internal and external (i.e., Regulatory Authority) audits/inspections as a labeling subject matter expert
- Evaluating risks associated with Core or Local Labeling content, developing mitigation strategies, and appropriately escalating issues to Global Labeling management and the Global Regulatory Team
What Skills You Will Need
To excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline. Advanced degree preferred (MS, PharmD, PhD).
- Minimum of 5 years in labeling or relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g., Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical, Pharmacovigilance) preferred.
- Ability to guide cross-functional labeling team (including senior management) exhibiting a combination of active listening skills and the assurance to address labeling issues, develop plans of action, drive consensus, and oversee completion of labeling projects.
- Self-starter with an ability to assimilate clinical and scientific information and present it concisely. Understanding of medical concepts and terminology.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize work accordingly.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who We Are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What We Look For …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US And Puerto Rico Residents Only
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected Salary Range
$118,640.00 – $186,800.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License