Job ID 124933
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? Then look no further than Microsoft Teams Core Services team. As a Remote Software Engineer Work from Home, you will build resilient, highly available, highly scalable services that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver the next gen collaboration and teamwork experiences.
The Core Services team is responsible for the foundational services of Microsoft Teams serving billions of calls per day to power numerous Teams scenarios. It provides exciting opportunities in building resilient, highly available, and highly scalable services that meet the needs of an ever-growing user base of the fastest growing product in Microsoft’s history. This is a unique opportunity to hone your system design and application architecture skills and get exposure to cutting edge technology stack (distributed systems, caching, .NET, Service Fabric, Azure), offering E2E ownership and broad scope to have a huge impact.
This role provides hybrid work flexibility with 50% work from home, and 50% on-site work at Microsoft’s Redmond campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline AND 4+ years technical engineering experience with coding in C# and .Net
o OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience working on large-scale cloud applications.
- 3+ years experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with Service Fabric or Kubernetes
- Experience working with M365 components like AAD, Exchange, Substrate, SharePoint
Software Engineering IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 – $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 – $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
- Own design, development and dev ops of Tier 0 Teams Services to ensure high availability, scalability and resiliency
- Implement resiliency patterns like Circuit Breaker, Retry, Fallback, Bulkhead Isolation, Throttling, Stale Cache, among others
- Implement efficient patterns to call dependent services, leverage a distributed cache like Redis
- Build reusable libraries of services best practices for other teams to leverage
- Perform live site/dev ops engineering for services you own with top notch monitoring, dashboards, and TSGs