Job ID 122304
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Coordinates with internal and external parties to identify new and evolving threats to the payments environment and emerging payment technologies with the goal of quickly deploying countermeasures to help prevent payment data compromises and mitigate fraud loss. Work with internal partners to review emerging payment products, wallets, or payment methods for vulnerabilities, fraud risks, or any other potential risk to Discover Global Network, and create controls and mitigations for any identified risks. Provide feedback on technical documents, policy, contracts, and other various documents pertaining to Network Rules, Product Risk, or industry best practices. Actively manages and escalates risk and customer-impacting issues within the day-to-day role to management.
- Provides subject matter expertise to consult with both internal and external partners and customers to clearly articulate the security and fraud threat environment when using emerging Payment technologies and develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Deliver strategic guidance to reduce Risk exposure and mitigate emerging risk related to the Product space
- Develop and manage a Threat/Risk/Compliance playbook as applicable for new or emerging products
- Develop security and fraud related risk documentation to support product launch
- Educate other Risk SMEs (Data Security, Fraud, Partner Audit, Regulatory Compliance) to understand the product to prepare for their assessments/reviews
- Provides Risk thought leadership with emphasis on security and fraud within the industry, DFS and all partners
- Host Tabletop exercise to test risk readiness
- Be a trusted advisor to senior leadership and help articulate the risk and the mitigation strategies
- Represents DFS at industry and client events and prepare and deliver SME-level presentations to multiple levels of internal and external management
- Manage Risk Scorecard for Products
- Prepare audit checklist for Partners participating in new payment products
- Forward looking to understand emerging Payment Trends and help educate the Risk teams
- Stays informed on data security and fraud rules and regulations that may impact payment products and report any changes that may affect the business or compliance
- Partner with cross functional teams to monitor market dynamics and changes and identify proactive risk engagement opportunities
- Monitor for Industry trends (Competitor insights, Regulations) and help Products react to them
- Assist Product in Compliance with applicable Regulations across the globe
- Participate in and help lead security and fraud investigations that impact payment products
- Represent Product Risk during Fraud and other incident investigation
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Security, Intelligence, Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of Fraud, Information Security, Audit, Information Technology, Risk Management, International Business, Business, Computer Science, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Fraud, Information Security, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Decision Analytics, or related field AND 2+ years Payment Industry experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in Fraud, Information Security, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Decision Analytics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Payment Industry
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- PCIP; PCI ISA
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $86,500.00 to $145,700.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
- STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
- Recognition Program
- Education Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Support Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)