Job ID 126637
Senior Cyber Security Engineer Job Description
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
We are looking for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to be part of our NBCU Security Architecture team. This Senior Cyber Security Engineer will partner with the various NBCUniversal businesses, enterprise IT, and Cyber Security teams to ensure technology is designed and deployed securely and aligned with Cyber Security and enterprise technology strategies.
The successful candidate will be joining NBCUniversal at an exciting time as we evolve our process and services. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for conducting security and threat analysis of business and enterprise initiatives involving new or modified technology deployments; ensuring that they incorporate Information Security best practices and guidelines into system designs. This individual will function as a technical and engineering subject matter expert across various Cyber Security technology areas with a focus on network, application, cloud, and enterprise security controls. The analysis will involve collaboration across the Cyber organization, partnership with business stakeholders, and will result in security guidance and/or mitigation requirements. Finally, a successful candidate will effectively communicate the importance of key Cyber programs and services to obtain support, trust and buy-in from the business.
- 4+ years of experience partnering with business and technical teams to architect and deliver Cyber solutions
- 4+ years of experience consulting with business teams regarding threat management best practices in one more technical areas (Perimeter Security, Application Security, Core Systems, EDR, Cloud etc…)
- Ability to explain common threats to components including Network, Web and Application environments
- Clear and effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in the Cyber Security industry, including OWASP Top 10 and CWE/SANS Top 25
- Excellent time management and ability prioritize multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in a team environment, fostering a culture of continual improvement and excellence
- Formal Degree is not required, as relevant experience in the above mentioned areas will be prioritized
- Advanced technical knowledge in one of the above listed Cyber areas, highlighting your ability to navigate complex challenges
- Experience performing Threat Analysis and modeling leveraging best in industry frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK
- Familiarity with security controls such as Cloud Security Matrix, NIST CSF, CIS Critical Security Controls
- Experience with Threat Analysis frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK and STRIDE, indicating your proficiency in implementing robust security measures
- Understanding of various data and privacy regulations, including PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA
- In depth knowledge of common Cloud Services offered (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience using diagramming tools such as Lucidchart or Visio
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $105,000 – $140,000
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Apply for the Job