Job ID 127111
Senior Security Solutions Engineer (Remote) Job Description
Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
- Area of Interest
Engineer – Software
- Compensation Range
150900 USD – 222200 USD
- Job Type
- Technology Interest
- Job Id
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what’s most important to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and more thoughtful with technology that simply works.As a senior member of the Security Engineering team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Cisco Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about security and eager to work across teams to help engineer and improve our security controls and systems.At Meraki, teams work on an exciting array of groundbreaking technologies from artificial intelligence & machine learning, to desktop agents, to container orchestration in the cloud and within IoT device firmware. We believe in encouraging a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering smart, effective, humble people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. With the support of management, we constantly look within for ways to improve organizationally. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and innovative resources of a larger company to change cloud-based networking as we know it. We are confident you will love it here!Key responsibilities:
- Engineer and help maintain a sophisticated SIEM environment based on Splunk technologies
- Design, implement, and build a variety of security controls and related systems
- Collaborate across engineering and IT teams to pursue objectives and deliver key results
- Participate in the development of security engineering strategy and advancement of Meraki’s security maturity
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Enjoy working across teams and being a resource for other engineers on security controls and technologies
- Have experience engineering and maintaining complex SIEM architectures and environments
- Are familiar with security policy and industry governance frameworks such as PCI, SOC 2, or FedRAMP
- Are familiar with network security, endpoint security, and IAM security technologies and standard processes
- Are excited to champion security as an outstanding concern
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Splunk, Enterprise Security, and SOAR technologies.
- Experience with security log analysis for threat detection and incident response.
- Familiarity with cloud technology, such as AWS and Azure.
- Familiarity with SDLC and the ability to read at least one programming language.
- Prior network security, endpoint security, and/or IT engineering experience.
- Experience mentoring other technology professionals.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.