Job ID 124842
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. Salesforce remote software engineer work from home. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Slack is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Frontend Infrastructure team within the Desktop Infrastructure organization. This team is responsible for the architecture and core modules powering the Slack desktop UI, as well as the platform enabling Slack to build and ship frontend features.
Our work depends on working closely with other teams at Slack, so communication and collaboration skills are a must. This is an opportunity to work on a team of skilled and impactful engineers that directly affects how Slack’s desktop web client is built.
What you will be doing:
- Leading cross functional frontend initiatives associated with increasing frontend productivity and performance
- Maintaining and improving core modules that power the Slack client
- Contributing to key architectural decisions to adapt our existing frontend infrastructure to support new products features
- Proactively identifying and remedying communication gaps and issues to reach alignments for complex issues across diverse audiences and influence organizational goals and strategy
What you should have:
- Experience working with the performance profiling and debugging tools in your web browser of choice.
- Familiarity with TypeScript, React, Redux and other web technologies, along with the ability to understand and explain technical trade-offs and complexities
- Experience working with front end frameworks and libraries professionally for 8+ years (and having contributed to some is a big plus.)
- Experience writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Eagerness to learn, but similar excitement to teach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, equally comfortable communicating with your immediate team, other frontend engineers, or even backend infrastructure engineers.
- Understanding that the perfect solution is informed by the people who will be building on your work, rather than being purely dependent on technical merits. Empathy is a feature.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $254,700.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.