Job ID 124731
Nordstrom Card Services is seeking a Sr. Manager, Credit Card Finance to support its private label credit card business located in Centennial, CO. This person will lead a team of up to 5 analysts supporting the monthly close and forecast process, developing annual budgets, perform operational analysis & reporting, as well as ad hoc requests supporting key investments for our business and understanding key drivers of business performance. The ideal candidate will drive process improvements, serve as a true strategic partner to the business, and help elevate the finance team to a higher level of operational excellence through personal output, as well as development of the analysts on the team.
Essential Functions And Work Duties
- Support activities and analysis related to the monthly reporting of close results, semi-annual forecast, annual & long-term planning.
- Review monthly financial reporting in conjunction with senior accounting personnel for accuracy and consistency with company reporting standards.
- Partner with multiple cross-functional teams in planning and analyzing the business.
- Create reporting and financial models that provide insight into past performance and future trends.
- Compile, cleanse, & analyze data to drive actionable outcomes in support of business objectives.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and special projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with other Card Services departments, as well as Nordstrom, Inc. departments, to advise management on materiality and timing of expenses, opportunities, and risks.
- Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism, ownership, and initiative
- Show commitment to teamwork through collaboration and positive proactive communication
- Demonstrate productivity using time efficiently and effectively to deliver results
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in tackling challenges
- Intellectually curious and a ‘do not stop until you solve the problem’ attitude
- Proven leadership and management skills with demonstrated skills in setting organizational vision and supporting strategies, building strong, effective, and self-directed teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of corporate finance experience; 3+ years financial institution, banking, or credit card operations experience required; 2+ years in a people management role.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Hyperion-Essbase, Cognos, or Anaplan a plus; Tableau or similar dashboard reporting experience a plus.
- Experience with SQL, SAS, Python or R programing languages encouraged; willingness to learn or improve on existing skills required.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to independently develop processes and deliverables from general direction.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply high-level analytical, statistical, and quantitative problem-solving skills to a variety of different scenarios and make recommendations based on outcomes.
Nordstrom Payments and Loyalty for this position can only hire remote in the following States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Nevada, Texas ,Utah, North Carolina and Washington.
- If you are located in the Denver, CO area there may be some in office work required for this role, up to two times per week potentially.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
California: $110,000 – $210,000 Annually, Colorado: $110,000 – $185,000 Annually, Nevada: $110,000 – $185,000 Annually, New York: $110,000 – $210,000 Annually, Rhode Island: $110,000 – $185,000 Annually, Washington: $110,000 – $210,000 Annually
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Learn more in the Nordstrom Benefits Overview by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser: https://careers.nordstrom.com/pdfs/Ben_Overview_17-19.pdf