Job ID 124716
- Please note – the candidate hired must live close and be able to commute to one of the listed locations: Ft. Meade, MD; Scott ABF, IL; Hill AFB, UT. This is a 75% remote position. *
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer who will support a large, multi-year contract providing Timing and Synchronization to Department of Defense. The work that’s being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Are you ready to join an impactful company? Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets.
The Systems Engineer will support a high priority, high visibility implementation project in support of a very large, high profile DISA Timing and Sync Program. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing full support to the customer on multiple, simultaneous tasks.
Primary Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Ensure the Defense Regional Clocks are upgraded, operated, calibrated and maintained through Phase 3 according to the JCID documents (e.g., CDD, CPD, etc…).
- Decompose JCID requirements according to the T&S WBS.
- Design, implement, and maintain IT systems and infrastructure, including servers, networks, storage systems, and software applications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, analyze system needs, and develop technical solutions that align with business objectives and security standards.
- Install, configure, and optimize hardware and software components of IT systems, ensuring their stability, scalability, and performance.
- Supervises up to 10 systems engineers and technical writers.
- Oversees the team and provide technical expertise and collaboration across cyber-Systems Infrastructure, Network Security, Tiers 1-3, and A&A teams to support customer requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and updates technical documentation such as enterprise architecture,
- application/system design, and network architecture and design.
- Responsible for leading Working groups
- Support development of Engineering and Systems design documentation
- Support the development of Engineering Implementation Plans
- Track hardware, software, architecture changes to drive updates to design documentation and other deliverables.
- Provide content and guidance for training products.
- Generate in-depth contributions training curriculum.
- Supports systems development, technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience with, at least, 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with databases
- US Citizen with an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret security clearance.
Pay Range $97,500.00 – $150,000.00 – $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.