Job ID 126614
Technical Project Manager (REMOTE within US) Job Description
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services for communications and electronics device-makers worldwide, accelerating product development, quality and innovation:
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with cross functional teams in California, across the US, with sister sites in Mexico, in Canada, in Europe and Asia
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in the development of market-leading high-tech products in the medical device, consumer electronics, and many more
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that will stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and teams.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people, enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
The challenge of the Technical Project Managers:
We are actively seeking 2 talented Technical Project Managers to be the lead subject matter experts for our customer’s manufacturing test development projects including test software, test hardware and SW/HW integration. One will be supporting network & optics test projects and the other will be supporting structural level test projects. You will have the chance to network with multiple customer teams, suppliers, engineers, as well as a dream team of experts to maximize support.
Your contribution in this role:
- Coordinate board functional and system level test development activities and dependencies across internal teams and external partners [Network & Optics Test Projects].
- Coordinate structural level test development and deployment activities and dependencies across internal teams and external partners [Structural Level Test Projects].
- Manage procurement, schedule, logistics, and risk management for manufacturing test solutions and maintain alignment with NPI program schedules.
- Program manage test development projects and initiatives through planning, development, and deployment to support NPI and volume manufacturing
- Drive communication with internal stakeholders, vendors, and CM/JDM partners for status via reviews and dashboards.
- Maintain and co-author technical documentation used for test plans, test processes, and initiatives, including creating presentations, dashboards, and requirements documents.
- Support sales areas as Technical Project Manager to push for complex projects and create confidence with the customer to work with Averna. This includes the creation of information to our department showing our capabilities as engineering team including industry trends, standards and typical industry challenges to test their products.
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related, and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost /benefit today and future implications and limitations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product dev,elopment initiatives.
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
The ideal candidate in a few words:
- Degree: A bachelor’s degree in computer/electrical engineering, industrial design, or manufacturing related field
- Project Management Skills
- Test/Manufacturing Engineering Experience
- 5+ years experience in NPI and manufacturing
- 5+ years experience in project management in high-visibility, strategic areas with strong written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing suppliers and partners in implementing test requirements
- (Preferred) ICT and boundary scan test development/automation experience
- (Preferred) Experience in fixture development and/or working knowledge in partnership with fixture suppliers
- Experience partnering with software developers or working with home-grown software
- Experience with Agile project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of software architecture engineering and development;
- Knowledge in Python and/or C# is an asset
- Knowledge in the integration of test platforms and industrial automation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Teamwork with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines
- Strong ownership of responsibilities and skilled at escalating issues when necessary
- Multilingual: High fluency in English written & spoken
- Mobility: Might have to travel up to 20% of the time, or when required by our customer
- Schedule: Flexible schedule and location – able support the customer’s working hours located in Pacific timezone
What’s in it for YOU
- Flexible work hours
- Flex days paid between Christmas and New year’s
- An additional day off for your birthday
- Full benefits package
- Learning and growing through multiple cutting-edge projects and clients
Averna is committed to employment equity and to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for the Job