Job ID 126023
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position provides day-to-day technical support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. He/She installs, configures, and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues. This position maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security. He/She provides technical assistance to computer system users and answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. This position provides assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, enterprise systems (SPLUS, ETPS2, and E2K etc), e-mail, and operating systems.
- Responds to customer service requests and determines the technical service issue (i.e., software or hardware related) and uphold confidence in TSG.
- Communicates with customers by phone to discuss identified problems or concerns and resolve the issues (e.g. hardware or software malfunction, user error, etc.).
- Researches identified issues by asking questions, reviewing internet data sites, and/or internal website (i.e., project notebook) to identify solutions and facilitate resolution.
- Conducts site visits within the district to troubleshoot issue and/or install or upgrade hardware and software if service issue can’t be remotely resolved.
- Conducts follow-up with customers to verify issues were resolved completely.
- Completes service orders to avoid operational delays in resolving issues.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (client/server)
- Experience with Cisco VPN, Citrix, Ghost, Symantec, Remote Desktop Apps, Active Directory and various Web browsers – Preferred
- Technical Certifications such as A+, Network or MCP – Preferred
- Technical work experience – Preferred
Internal Salary Grade: 010
Shift Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 3AM-11:30AM
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions . UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Company: UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Category: Industrial Engineering
Requisition Number: R23038390
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Location: US (Remote)