Job ID 126993
UI Engineer (Open to Remote) Job Description
As a UI Engineer at Daxko, you will focus on working in front-end web development. You will think from a user’s perspective in order to create effective, polished website designs that users can easily access and use.
You will also:
- Develop high-quality applications that provide a delightful user experience
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured, and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop elegant, responsive, high-performance, cross-platform solutions
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Actively contribute actionable and valuable feedback in code reviews
- Participate in design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data-driven approach.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Applied Sciences.
- Two (2+) years of Software Engineering or other relevant experience
- Experience building mobile-first, responsive websites
- Node.js, NPM, or yarn experience
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience writing unit, automated and integration tests
- Experience developing native iOS (Swift, Obj-C) and Android (Java)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors
- Passion towards Front End Development
- Mastery of HTML, CSS
- Solid understanding of browser features/limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.