Job ID 124976
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Overview Of The Role
As a Vice President Commercial Lead in one of the AMER Professional Services Operating Units (OU), your primary responsibility will be to provide insightful and accurate forecasts and ensure the OU bookings, revenue and other associated key metrics are achieved on a Monthly, Quarterly and Annual basis. The ideal Vice President is a strategic thinker with exceptional strategic, enterprise, commercial, and cross-functional skills, demonstrates high energy, is an inspirational and courageous leader, and has strong sales management experience.
All of the responsibilities are in close collaboration with Professional Services Sales
- Actively participate in shaping and executing the future of the Professional Services Sales organization’s strategy
- Actively participate in shaping and living our organizational culture and values: Customer Value, Collaboration, Team First, and Excellence
- Drive a culture of strong execution and orientation towards developing new strategic programs and expanding existing ones
- Providing strategic direction and focus to the Professional Services Sales Teams
- Work with Sector and Portfolio Leads to establish detailed and documented services sales plans for each portfolio
- Work with Professional Services Marketing, Sector Leads, Portfolio Leads, and industry strategy to establish first call decks specific for each industry served by the OU
- Own new Account Partner onboarding and enablement
- Build and maintain trusted relationships across the OU focused on guiding through implementation and change management strategies, and when necessary, challenging the OU leaders as they transform the OU Professional Services Sales strategies and operations
- Own the ‘carve’ for the OU ensuring territories are appropriately weighted and aligned to license sales
- Work with Sector and Portfolio leads to provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting. Roll up the sector forecasts to provide detailed and accurate OU-level forecasts
- Provide guidance on the overall sales process, and set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Work with Sector Leads to identify new business opportunities in industry verticals and help drive expansion into them
- Establish and nurture strong and collaborative relationships with our ecosystem to jointly drive successful outcomes for our customers, partners, and Salesforce
- Engaging functionally across the business (Sales, Solution Engineering, Customer Success, Sales Strategy, Finance, Employee Success, Recruiting) to accelerate customer growth
- Experience leading a team responsible for a large book of business (>$75m & >300 transactions annually) of strategic services or software relationships
- 2nd line+ leadership experience leading teams in strategic sales/services pursuits
- Experience structuring and leading complex, multi-discipline pursuits in a complex and matrixed environment, and establishing strong relationships across all functions
- Referenceable CxO relationships where you are recognized as a trusted advisor
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing, coaching, and retaining a high-performing enterprise sales organization
- Data-driven and action-oriented with strong operational and analytical abilities
- Strong executive-level communication skills, compelling presentation, story-telling, and listening skills
- Highly collaborative, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable, and ever-changing environment
- >25% travel required
- Access to a strong internal and external network of diverse services and sales talent
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Highly collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills, who excel in a complex, matrixed, fast-paced, and unpredictable environment
- 10+ years in services, software, and/or applications sales, selling primarily to the C-suite in enterprise organizations
- 10+ years of relevant work experience (CRM, Customer Service, Business Transformation, etc…)
- 10+ years of experience leading, managing, and coaching teams
- 5+ years of consulting experience (sales and delivery experience leadership desired)
- Experience selling in one of the Public Sector Services Sectors (Federal Civilian, Non-Federal, DoD, State, Local, Education, and/or Non-profit customers is preferred)
- TRUST: Trust in leadership style, and behavior with customers, partners, and teams
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning, approaches each interaction with an open mind, great listener, and hands-on
- THOUGHT LEADER: Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, a great storyteller
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Salesforce Values: A team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $248,100 to $397,100.
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.