Job ID 126723
VP, Data & Analytics, Corp Functions Job Description
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The VP, Enterprise Product, Data and Analytics (Corp. Functions) a key leadership role within the NBCU’s Enterprise Product organization and requires a broad spectrum of technical skills combined with a passion to have significant impact in helping NBCU streamline technical operations, adopt latest SAP technologies, align NBCU’s Product Roadmap with leading EA practice and help deliver against our enterprise destination architecture strategy. This leader will be responsible for the definition and implementation of an over-arching data and analytics strategy covering Source to Pay, HR/Payroll, Finance and will also lead our FP&A/SAP BPC Product teams, in partnership with our business stakeholders, business solutions and enterprise engineering teams. In addition, this role will also be responsible for working with our Enterprise Data Mgmt. teams to define and execute on a master data governance strategy.
The successful candidate will perform work that is highly complex, varied in nature, and span multiple functional areas, though being focused in one or two. This individual will also seek to ensure the optimum utilization of existing system platforms and their integration while considering and / or facilitating the justified deployment of new technologies in response to business requirements. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development for our future FP&A technology strategy and roadmap, this will need a deep understanding of FP&A processes and practices (Media experience preferred)
- Provide guidance on best practices as it relates to leading technologies in the FP&A space, specifically focused on Anaplan, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP BPC, Hyperion etc.
- Contribute to the development of the roadmap for NBCU’s transition to S4 HANA
- Lead the development of master data management strategy(across people, process and technology) that will include managing data primarily in SAP, but might involve use of other non-SAP platforms (Collibra)
- Lead the development of data and analytics strategy and roadmap for Finance, Source to Pay and HR/Payroll. This will involve extraction of data from SAP and non-SAP systems and align it with NBCU’s Data Mesh strategy
- Lead the data cleansing workstream to prepare for NBCU’s upcoming S4 transformation in partnership with other Enterprise Product leaders
- Lead large end-to-end implementations plus engage as a solution leader simultaneously with other SAP projects that are in progress. This requires cross technical/functional team project management
- Regularly present updates, roadmaps, strategies, risks etc. to senior leaders within NBCUniversal
- Work with our business solution partners and support with technology assessments
- Understanding NBCU business processes requirements by engaging with business partners at enterprise and division level.
- Understanding of Planning and Consolidation related business process and accounting pertaining to reporting actuals and planned data.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities to team members, provide them with repeatable processes, and verify the quality of their work
This is considered a senior role within SAP team. NBCU SAP team has approximately 90 team members and this role is expected to provide solution leadership to the entire team such as help resolve difficult scenarios, decision making under conflicting situations, build relationships with business partners and ensure solutions are feasible as per business needs.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent
- 15+ years of progressive SAP Data and Analytics experience in a consultative and/or IT capacity with at least 5 SAP project implementations of high complexity, large scale and global user base
- Knowledge of Anaplan and SAP is a significant plus
- Participated in a compete life cycle of a BPC deployments (Design, Build, Test and Support)
- Expertise on SAP S/4 finance integration to consolidation tools
- Proven track record of developing executive level presentations, and ability to drive messaging that resonates with executives
- Basic knowledge of BW and SAP Security
- Demonstrate excellent verbal/presentation and written communication skills
- Possess interpersonal skills to engage with all levels of Business and IT
- Self-starter to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation architecture
- Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, and change control processes
- Familiarity and comfort in working in an outsourced module with onshore and offshore resources
- Strong / effective influencing skills
- Strong / effective problem-solving skills
- Conceptual to detailed thinking skills
- Willingness to work off business hours and weekends as needed in a demanding environment
- Experience with Intercompany and Intracompany eliminations
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA, SAP BPC, SAP Analytics Cloud, Anaplan, Hyperion, Group Reporting etc.
- Certified Public Account or Equivalent
- PMI Certified+
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Teams)
Remote Workers: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $250,000 – $275,000 (bonus and long-term incentive eligible)
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Apply for the Job